19. Aftermath

Amber P.O.V

His soft lips was against mine, moving in-sync with me. The sensation was sending shivers and wild thrills along my nerves, opening a whole new world of feelings and awareness. His hands hold my waist, steadying me. I let my hands link around his neck.

The kiss is gentle and careful, but it wasn't what I wanted, not after all this time. I kiss him harder, with an urgent need to know more. He groans softly before pulling me tightly against him. The kiss steals my breath. The kiss makes me want more. The kiss makes me giddy and hot all over.

A sudden cold, midnight breeze passes, sending shivers up my leg and arms. The chill makes me cling to him, pressing our bodies closer.

''Are you cold?'' he asks, resting our forehead together.

Lost for words, I just nod. He smirks a sly grin and leads me inside the house. The walk to his room is silent, but he we hold hands. My smaller hands fit perfectly into his. I can't help but smile the whole time.

We step inside his room and he lets go of my hand before walking over to his wardrobe and grabbing a few folded items of clothing.

''I hope this fits,'' he says, handing me the clothing.

''Thank you,'' I reply and wait for him to turn around to leave. We stay like that, awkwardly and not knowing what to do.

Hunter's eyes widen before saying, ''Oh, right...I should leave.''

Once Hunter closed the door behind him, I inspect the neatly folded clothing. A pair of sweatpants and hoodie. I strip out of the t-shirt and throw on the hoodie and sweatpants. The clothes are way too big for me. The sleeves fall past my hands and the hem of the hoodie sits mid-thigh. The sweat pants are baggy around my tiny waist and the bottom is baggy around my ankles. I simile, I wonder what made him think this was a good idea?

Taking the previously worn t-shirt in my hands, I waddle over to the door and open it. Hunter is leaning against the wall, arms crossed and looking serious. He looks me up and down before suddenly laughing.

''That's cute,'' he smirks.

''That has to be the nicest thing you've said to me,'' I comment.

''I just never say nice things out loud,'' he replies, taking a step closer.

''Like what?'' I ask, leaning against the door frame.

''Like how beautiful you are,'' he says locking our eyes together. ''Or how much I can't stand the idea of losing you, or how you calm me down.''

As he speaks, he closes the distance between us. As our faces stand inches apart, the strings between us tightens.

''I can keep going,'' he whispers. '' You make me want to strip you out of those....''

Before he fishes, I press my lips against his. It's quick and torturous. He reaches to put his hands around my waist but, I slide out of his reach. Stepping into the hallway, I bite my lip, holding back a laughter.

''Goodnight Hunter,'' I before turning around and walking away with a grin on my face.

----------------------------

The next morning, I'm awaken by the sound of knocking at my door. I sit up, confused about my surroundings for a split second before saying, ''Come in.''

The first thing I notice is how everything s so clear. My vision feels spectacular. I can hear multiple, crazy things. I can smell what's beyond the door.

The Luna walks in gracefully, wearing a summer dress and holding a tray full of steaming food. I sit up straight and give a honest smile, which is kindly returned.

''You must be tired from your shift last night, I hope this helps,'' she says as she places the tray on the bedside table. ''Hunter will be pack from his training soon. Maybe when he gets back, you two could go back to the motel and pack whatever you need to stay with us for a few days.''

''That would be great,'' I reply. ''And thank you, for helping me... and everything else you've done for me.''

''You're very welcome dear,'' she smiles. ''Now, I've got a couple of things to get done, so wonder around for a bit until Hunter returns. Oh, and make yourself at home.''

''Thank you,'' I repeat once again. When she smiles in return, I see lines of wrinkles in the corner of her eyes. Even though she looked like she could be my sister, I could tell she was much older.

After I finish eating my breakfast, I jump out of bed accompanied by new abilities. I slide open the balcony door and step outside and take a deep breath. The atmosphere seems sharper, which a mixture of scents lurking around. I could smell the dirt, the trees which surrounded the house and a distant human scent.

I could hear the leaves moving around in the wind and birds chirping far away. Downstairs, somewhere in the kitchen, someone was washing dishes. But even through all the noise, I could hear the peaceful silence of the forest. It sounded peaceful, like safety.

I saw the wings of a bee flapping in slow motion. The pollen of wild flowers floated around slowly. Rays of sunshine  creeped between leaves. A normal person would not be able to see what I was seeing. It is spectacular.
It was like feeling the emotions of the forest.

All too sudden, the atmosphere turns tense. My head snaps to the right. Far away, a faint thudding noise was getting louder and louder. Like an army running in the direction of the house. In the mist of the noise, a heart beat could be heard. Sweat, sandal wood and many unrecognisable scents entered my nose. As seconds passed, the forest grew more tense and the noises and smells grew stronger. I knew who it was without even seeing anything.

Hunter's wolf and a handful of other wolves came out of the forest into a clearing in front of the house. His blazing eyes make contact with mine for a while before he pulls away. He's got his serious, Alpha face on. The one that usually scares people.

The side door opens and the Luna comes out holding a pair of shorts. She throws it at Hunter, while greeting the others and walks back inside.

One by one, the wolves rams back into the forest. Hunter goes under the balcony, which I'm guessing is to change. When he appears again, he runs up the walls of the house and leaps onto the balcony. He then climbs over it and joins my side.

"You know, there's such things as a door," I say, still looking at the forest.

He comes up behind me and snakes his hand around my waist. I don't tense, instead I melt into his warms. He kisses my cheeks.

"I know," he says. "I'll just go shower and we'll go to your place?"

"Okay."

—————————

Hi,
Vote and comment if you liked this chapter
<3