9. A Romance Gone Wrong

Amber P.O.V

After an interesting first day, I'm at the public Libary for some research on werewolves.

I walk through the aisle of old books made out of parchment and leather cases. The librarian had warned me to be careful with the books because they are believed to be hundreds of years old. I had to admit, the library had an impressive collection of first edition books. I walk through and grab anything that can help me understand the mythical creatures, werewolves.

Sitting down on a lone table, I blow on the books to get rid of dust.

The story of the first 'Man-Wolf' begins when a romance went wrong. A man named Caius Augustus, fell in love with a  powerful witch who called herself Venefica. At the age of 16, Caius was found sharing a bed with another woman. Venefica was so furious that she cursed him under the light of a Blood Moon. The curse made Caius transform into a wolf under the influence of moonlight.

Every night, Caius shifted into a terrifying wolf with a hunger for human flesh. Every morning, he woke up surrounded by hundreds of lifeless bodies. Unable to live like a monster, Caius killed himself.

But that wasn't the end. The women Caius spend endless nights with, had bore a child. The child, whose name was William, had been believed to be normal until the night of his 16th birthday. For the next few days, he suffered extreme temperatures and hallucinations. On the first full moon after his 16th birthday, William shifted into a hideous and frightening wolf.

Unlike his father, William didn't shift every night. Only on the nights of a full moon.

William had a good heart, but everyone was terrified of him and he was considered a monster. Wherever he went, families locked their doors. Stories of the 'man-wolf' were told to scare little children.

Soon, rumors spread across the lands and William was not accepted anywhere.

Even with a good heart, William could not stop himself from shifting into the horrifying wolf. Every time he killed someone, they would rise to the next full moon.

Over time, men and women rose as werewolves. Wherever the creatures went, there would be chaos. Every full moon, the number of werewolves increased.

This was when humans discovered Wolfsbane. The flower was deadly to werewolves. Weapons were made out of Wolfsbane and war had begun. Slowly, the population of the shapeshifters decreased.

The Moon Goddess saw what her light had done. Because of her Moonlight, werewolves lived a lonely and horrible life.

The Goddess used her moonlight to create mates. The relationship between mates is a very strong bond, stronger than any human connection. A werewolf is not complete without their other half(mate).

The Goddess also split werewolves into three categories. Alpha, Beta, and Omega.

An Alpha is the pack leader. They are dominant in the family of wolves and can control others below them. Alpha's are stronger, faster and more powerful than other varieties of werewolves. They also have the ability to change Humans into wolves.

Beta's belong in a pack. They are obedient and submissive to their Alpha leader.

Omegas are lone wolves, they don't belong in a pack. An Omega, also known as a rogue can be dangerous and cruel.