Don't mess with me (Edited)

I woke the next morning when there was a knocking at the door, I looked over a Rose and she was still asleep. I sighed and got up; I opened the door and faced Keith. “You’re not getting near her, so don’t even try.” I told him blocking the door. “I’m just here to say that we start training in half an hour. So if you want something to eat, get it now. Kitchens down the hall and to the right.” He walked away and I shut the door.

10 minutes later Rose was up and I was dressed in a comfortable pair of black leggings, an oversized red shirt and my black combat boots. We walked down the hall and into the kitchen, only a few people were here. We were greeted with smiles from Wen, Nicol and Noah. Everyone else just carried on eating. I looked at the food on the counter, they had fresh food! Wow. “Eat as much as you like; you’re going to need your energy.” Nicol said to both of us as we grabbed plates and started to fill them with food. It was amazing!

A little while later I was full and ready to train, we walked into the huge main room where Keith and I had our little disagreement. “We want to see what you guys can do. Melody you first, pick a weapon.” Wen stepped back and showed me the weapons. I looked at the machete lying there, but I picked the knife up instead. I wanted to show them my fighting skills first. I slid the knife into the buckle on the side of my boot and readied my fists, getting into a fighting position.

“Who’s going to fight me?” I asked, hoping that it would be Keith, so I could show him I could kick his ass. “Me.” I turned around and looked, it was Keith! I smiled and waved him forward but inside I was doing a happy dance! He picked up his own knife and slid it into his back pocket. I smiled as he started circling me. Adrenaline pumped through me as I tried to figure out what his first move would be. He ran towards me and aimed a punch at my stomach; I ducked and rolled to my left. I grabbed his arm and swung him around so he was facing me. I jumped and tried to land a kick in his head, but he grabbed my foot and twisted. I ignored the pain that went through my leg, I jumped and twisted myself out of his grip and landed on my feet again. He wasted no time and came at me again, he pulled out his knife out and swung left and right with it. I dodged out of his way and hissed as I felt a sharp pain on my arm where it had come in contact with the knife. Ouch!  I tried to ignore the pain and jumped on top of Keith, we fell to the floor and I started punching him in the face. I was done ‘training’; I wanted to get him back! He pushed me off him and tried to punch me; I ducked and grabbed my knife from my boot. I ran and tackled him to the floor again and held my knife at his throat, adding a little more pressure than I should of, making his neck bleed.

I was so close to actually cutting his throat wide open, Nicol pulled me off him and took my knife as Rose came over to me and started cleaning my arm. “Seriously Keith, there was no need to stab her!” Noah shouted, I smiled at him “thanks Noah.” I looked over at Keith; he was standing there holding his throat. “We were meant to be training! Try anything like that again, whether you mean it or not, I will kill you!” I was running on full rage now, I was pissed that he stabbed me! Well next time I won’t be so nice and he will get hurt. Keith smirked and walked off. “Don’t mind him, he is just a jerk.” Wen said as she took over from Rose and wrapped a bandage around my arm.

I sat and watched Rose fight with Noah, she was as good as me because we were both at the top of our classes. She just didn’t have the energy and kept on making silly mistakes. I will have to talk to her later about it, I hope she is okay. I laughed as Rose tackled Noah to the floor and then stopped. “What do you want to learn first?” Nicol asked me. Umm.. I already knew how to throw knives but I still walked over to the far wall with Nicol to practise, she passed me some knives. Nicol walked over to the wall and took out a marker and put a couple of random black dots over the wall. “Hit them.” She pointed at the dots. I pulled a knife into my hand aimed and threw it, it landed next to the dot. Damn! I felt the weight of the knife and it was lighter than my dagger I was used to throwing, maybe that was the problem. I pulled out a couple more and held them in my hand; I looked at each target and threw a knife one after the other at the wall, keeping my momentum as I threw the last knife. I looked up and each one had landed on the mark, I smiled knowing my aim was still good.

I also trained for about an hour with Wen using axes, I got the hand of using them but I preferred my machete or samurai swords. Wen stood across from me as I readied myself for the fight. Wen chose to use her axe of course and I picked two smaller ones that were easier to move and do more damage with. She ran towards me and swung her axe over my head; I barely ducked and swung mine at her arm. I missed and my axe flew into the wall behind her, I thought about going to get it but just as I moved she made a swing at my leg. I jumped and swung mine at her barley missing her throat as she leaned back, I smiled. Wen swung her axe around her head and then pulled it down and if I didn’t jump back dodging it then I would be in two pieces! I dropped my axe and held my hands up in surrender; I was too tired to carry on.

I found out that Noah has a fascination with a blow torch and likes to use it as a weapon, whatever keeps him happy. I didn’t even know if zombies felt pain when burned? They had a huge collection of weapons to choose from, so I had a go using them all, kind of blowing off steam without having to deal with zombies. I think I could get used to this, living here, it was safe here. For now …

i hope you enjoyed this chapter :D