Chapter 21

Oh yes. This is oh so soon. *note the sarcasm* I truly am sorry it took so long for me to update this though, life has been keeping me busy. I seem to have hardly any free time lately. But anyway, here's an update and I hope you enjoy the chapter. *ever so casually ended up also writing this chapter at 2am*

•••••

Ludwig's POV

Ludwig couldn't explain it. Watching his brother muttering in his sleep, his voice mixed with yours. A scar appeared on Gilbert's back, which Ludwig stared at for a good while. Gilbert wasn't supposed to have any scars. You were supposed to hold his scars.

Did this mean that Gilbert was dying though? If scars were actually appearing on his skin it must mean weakness, didn't it? Or were you dying? So many possibilities ran through Ludwig's head, none of them fitting together properly. None of them were logical.

Ludwig sighed heavily, running his hands through his slicked back hair. The stress of the whole situation was really getting to him. He was fighting in a war, his people were dying, and his brother seemed pretty close to death. Those were only the problems that affected him directly. Well that and the fact that all the Scar Holder - including you and Olive - were still missing. No one knew anything of your whereabouts or even if everyone was still alive.

"Ludwig?" A soft gentle voice reached Ludwig's ears, causing him to look up. Italy. The Italian hardly ever called him Ludwig, claiming he didn't want to accidentally let the others human name slip at a world meeting after getting used to calling him that. Human names for countries were special, something that was the ultimate sign of trust.

"Ja?" Ludwig asked, his voice coming out a little harsher than he meant it to. His voice gave away just how much the whole situation was stressing him out. He was never really good at hiding his stress - emotions he could hide without a problem, but never the stress. Ludwig finally looked up at the Italian after heaving out another sigh.

"You need to eat something and more importantly, drink something." Feliciano held a plate and cup out to him. The glass of milk he kind of expected, but Ludwig couldn't hide the shock upon seeing what Italy had put together for him. Salad, steak, and some garlic bread. No pasta to be seen.

It was only then that Ludwig realized how much Italy truly cared that he hadn't been eating. He had made something with all the food groups, making sure Ludwig was getting the nutrients he needed. Ludwig was touched by the gesture.

"Feli?" Ludwig said the nickname, tasting the foreign taste on his tongue. He had never used it before, it was always Italy or Feliciano. Once he knew he had the Italian's attention, he spoke again. "Danke."

•••••

Olive's POV

Watching you go at it with your mother was terrifying to watch. You attacked her with so many dark intentions that it actually scared Olive. Watching you before your mother had made her entrance, Olive knew that this was all a show but something changed as soon as your mother walked in. A dark cloud seemed to seep in your body and suddenly you weren't you anymore. It was like you had truly snapped.

Snapped. That was a thing that could happen to countries, wasn't it? Olive tried to search her brain for the word. Surely she had covered this while talking with Ludwig, he had taught her so many things about the countries, things she had deemed useless at the time. Useless things she often forgot, hopefully some part of her knew it wouldn't be totally useless.

Snapped, is a saying referred to a country who has been pushed too far over the edge. They are not the complete opposite of their original selves, so they cannot be considered a 2p. Not to mention they would have to be another whole being before they can be considered a 2p. Snappeds are often very violent and very hard to calm. Sometimes the only way to calm someone who has snapped is to have the person they love most talk them down.

There was no way Olive would be able to stop this rampage you were on. You either had to wear yourself out or she had to find the person you loved most to calm you down. But who did you love most? She didn't know you quite that well to know that.

Going over every possibility, Olive searched for some sort of answer as you continued to tear your mother limb from limb. Luckily not literally, Olive probably would have thrown up and passed out if you had done that. But you were still overpowering your mother, hitting her with everything your snapped had.

Real fear slithered around Olive's chest. She - along with everyone who wished to take a countries place - watched in absolute terror as you beat your mother, probably to the death. No one dared to move, afraid that one wrong move would turn the situation on them. Olive hated the fact that she felt the same way.

She was so focused on you that she didn't notice the Scar Holders moving from the basement to the outside world. No one else seemed to notice them either and those who did, decided to say nothing. Olive could feel bile rising in her throat. She really couldn't watch this any longer.

"(Y/N)!" She yelled, not caring if this was the wrong or right decision. She pushed her fear to the side, doing her best to get your attention. Maybe she could talk you out of this. Stop you from murdering your mother - something that would haunt you forever even if she did deserve it.

You looked up, head snapping in Olive's direction. A smirk played on your blood covered face and it was with a sinking feeling that Olive would realize it was fresh. So much new blood covered your skin and clothes, none of the new stuff belonging to you. She took an involuntary step back.

"(Y/N) this isn't you. You need to take a couple of deep breaths, and calm down. Gilbert, tell (Y/N) that (she/they/he) needs to calm down." With each word, more panic seeped into her voice. You were coming towards her. The wicked sparkle in your eyes. This part in the plan you were set to play had gone too far. It was no longer you.

"(Y/N)?" Olive's voice was very unsteady, shaking like an earthquake. Her knees shook, threatening to give out any moment. Her heart beat against her rib cage as if trying to get out so it could run and hide. Olive wouldn't have blamed it if it had succeeded.

You flashed her a toothy grin, brandishing your nails as if they were claws. Olive felt as if she was trying to swallow a rock as she took another step back. Her back hit the wall and that was the moment her knees buckled. She slid to the ground watching helplessly as you stocked towards her. You jumped at her and the next thing she knew was she had a scream tearing at her throat.