Chapter 20

First off, before we begin the chapter, I just wanted to thank you guys. I've gotten so many comments asking me to update and it really means a lot to me. I'm can't believe how many of you have made it this far into this, especially considering I started this in 2016 when my writing wasn't the best. Thanks so much for your patience, and without further adieu, let us begin the chapter.

  There was nothing on your mind in those moments. Your mind seemed to be completely blank, empty yet full at the same time. You were worried that the others weren't going to make it out of this, that they wouldn't be able to get out of here and your plan wouldn't work. You couldn't afford for this to fail, you had already failed enough. So much worry and the different scenarios went through your head but it still felt like nothing was there. Nothing but the echoes of your footsteps as you ran up the stairs after Olive.

  "Help me! Please help me! I don't know what's wrong with (him/them/her) but you've got to help me!" Olive pleaded, practically falling into the first man she saw. She then slipped past him, and you know her intentions were to get him to follow her. "Please, all the rest, they're already dead. (Y/N) killed them all."

  A crowd was growing around her. All of them wanting to find out what was going on. Like the big crowd of people that circle fights back in high school. Everyone wanted to see what was happening, but none of them wanted to be a part of what was going on.

  At the mention of your name though, they all turned to look at the cellar door. There you stood, a wide grin on your face and a wild look in your eyes. In that moment you were thankful for the blood of your clothes. It really seemed to give you the proper costume for this role you now had to play.

  "Olive, you know it's not very nice to run from your friends." You picked the creepiest words you could think of to say, although spoken alone they might not have been very scary, even as you tried to make your voice as creepy as you could. But because Gilbert's voice was mixed with yours, it gave the perfect affect, like the twin girls that say 'come play with us'.

  Watching the men practically jump out of their skin was hilarious in your opinion. You made no attempt to hold it back, letting a big laugh come from your gut, adding a wicked kind of touch to it. Just to add to it you put your hand in the blood that soaked your shirt, wiping it across your face and making it look like you were licking it off your fingers. All in all, you knew you were having too much fun with this. But the scared looks on these grown men's faces, were absolutely priceless.

  "Y-you said all of them were dead? She killed them?" One man stuttered. It was quite pathetic how easily they were to scare. These were people who wanted to represent countries, did they not realize that this was possibly something they could face? Or were they just in it for the immortality aspect of it? Probably the latter of the two options. They probably hadn't actually encountered a personification a day in their life, well except for your mother. She hadn't learned all of the things Prussia had been through though - she probably didn't even know the first layer of it.

  Olive made the show of cowering behind one of the men. If you hadn't known she wasn't truly afraid, you honestly would have thought she was. She did a good job of playing the part. You just hoped you could play yours just as well.

"Killed them?!" You screeched before breaking out into the wicked laugh once again. "I just put them to sleep." Pause. "Forever."

  Olive caught your eye, silently asking if it was okay to give the signal yet. You looked left and right repetitively, telling her no while making it look like you were just looking around. You couldn't have her give the signal yet. You mother was not here. Once she was there, then Olive could give the signal.

  "Where is mother dearest. I would love to see her again before she or I join the others." You took a couple of steps towards the group, herding them away from the door. But you didn't stray too far, just incase someone went towards the door to check on everyone down stairs.

  "Mother? I am not your mother. I would never give birth to something as revolting as you." Your mother's voice reached your ears and you turned to grin at her. This is where you had to put a hundred present into your performance. One tiny crack and she would be able to see through you. She knew you better than anyone.

  No, that was wrong. Gilbert knew you better than anyone. Your mother just knew the younger you. She knew how you acted back then, but not now. It still unnerved you a bit because she really could see through the tiniest crack even if you hadn't seen her in several years. Maybe it was a mother thing, you didn't know.

  "Oh I'm sure you don't mean that. You showed me lover earlier, didn't you? The knife to my back, that was out of love, yes?" Your words were heavy and you struggled in keeping the sarcasm out of your voice. You had to sound like you actually believed the words you were saying. Like something in your brain had finally snapped.

  "Out of love? I never loved you. You were nothing but a pawn. A way to get close to Gilbert, or at least at first. Before I killed your grandmother." She glared at you, seeming bored with this conversation already.

  "You know his name?" You asked, your voice coming out a higher pitch than you meant it to. You broke into a laugh trying to his your surprise. "She knows his name! Or should I say my name. No way to get closer to him than I am right now after all we are one."

  "Yes, I can hear that. How did you do that by the way? Are you becoming the new personification? Is this what will happen when we finally reach our goal?" You couldn't miss the interest and excitement in your mother's voice. She sounded so hopeful like this harebrained scheme might actually work.

  "Too bad you'll never find out." A glance at Olive and then you ran forward, ready to get revenge on your mother. Or at least create a big enough distraction for the other part of the plan to work. As you rushed your mother, you were vaguely aware of Olive giving the signal.