Chapter 9

Before you even knew what you were doing, you were up and over by the stairs. The foot steps above, caused dust to rain down from the floor boards. Your heart hammered in your chest and your legs felt weak. But you knew, you had to do something.

"Which one of you was the one talking." The voice called as the door opened with a big long creak. Light flooded into the dark damp basement and you blinked rapidly, hoping your eyes would adjust quickly.

When no one spoke up, the man laughed as he stomped down the stairs. "Don't want to say, huh? Guess I'll just have to kill you all." You could hear the slight slur in his voice and you knew he had been drinking. You just hoped he had been drinking enough.

His stomping stopped when he reached the concrete floor you all had been stuck to sleep on. Your shaky legs pushed you forward, jumping out at the drunken man. It was the only chance you would have and there was no chance you were going to pass this up.

"I was." You told him, moving quickly to strike him. Jumping on him, he couldn't help but drop. apparently he was drunker than you expected. Out cold as soon as he hit the floor.

  As soon as he dropped, you were down as well. Just about the last bit of energy you had was to attack the male who lied in front of you. Your breathing heavy, even if on a normal day it wouldn't be.

  "(Y/N)." Olive called your name as the world spun around you. Soon enough everything went black as you finally got the much needed sleep.

🌎🌍🌏 Scar Holder 🌎🌍🌏

  Groaning, your eyes slowly opened and you rolled over. You heard a gasp from beside you and glanced over. You couldn't see who it was and couldn't care less as you threw up the small bit of food you had eaten lately. You were dizzy, and knew you wouldn't be able to move much.

  "Uhh, guys?" You heard a panicked voice. It was probably from the same person who had gasped. Olive. "(Her/His) body is starting to reject food."

  "Give (Y/N) this then." You didn't care to check what it was that was handed to Olive. Your arms were shaky and it took all you had to make sure you didn't collapse and take a nose dive into your puke. That wouldn't be fun at all.

  Suddenly someone wrapped their arms around you, picking you up and carrying you over to the wall. They slowly put you down, leaning you against the heavy surface. Before you knew what was happening, a piece of bread was being shoved into you mouth. You gasped, coughing on the bread.

  "Sorry." Olive's voice squeaked. She was nervous and scared, you could hear it in her voice. Once you stopped coughing you swallowed the bread in your mouth and patted her arm weakly.

  "No need to worry." You told her. "Now how long was I out for?"

  "About two days. We have plenty of food. The house was nearly empty after you knocked out the one guy, so we went and got as much food as we could. Some of them are back now though, so we don't know when we might be able to go back up again. But at least you're okay. You can eat." Olive said blabbering slightly.

  "Yeah." You agreed with her. More food came forward and as much as you didn't want to, you ate it. You had to get your strength back before you did anything. You all seemed to know that.