Chapter 15

You couldn't believe your eyes. This was a dream, it was all a dream. It had to be. You didn't know what you would do if it wasn't. You wouldn't be able to hold your emotions back. There was no chance of it.

"(Y/N)." Your mother's voice reached your ears once again, tearing at your heart. All this time when you thought she was dead, she was alive and well. All this time she was with the man who had stabbed her. What hurt the most was she had never once tried to reach out to you, never had she given you some sign that she was alive.

You couldn't make sense as to what was happening. It was all too much to take in. This man, could actually be your father. Your mother could have actually been the one who tried to kill you!

"No!" You couldn't help but scream the word, falling to your knees. "This can't be happening. This is a dream. A nightmare. I'll wake up and none of this has happened."

But as much as you wanted this to be a dream, you knew that it wasn't. The pain in your heart would not be this strong if you were sleeping. You wouldn't feel the dull throbbing of your wounds if this was fake. You had to face reality. This was happening, and there was nothing you could do to change it.

"Mom..." You looked up at her, searching for any signs of the mother you had loved. Any signs of the mother that had loved you. By the way she held herself and the way she looked, you knew it was her. She even had the big freckle that was under her left eye. It was her, and yet it wasn't.

All evidence that she had ever loved you was gone. Her eyes hard and dark, showing nothing but hatred. She glared at you, freezing you where you were. You couldn't move, so much hatred was coming from the one who used to love you.

  "You know, I never knew about Scar Holders. That was until you were born." She started walking around you, her foot steps the only sound with the exception of her voice. She was a shark circling its prey. "Your grandmother told me all about the Scar Holders, and that she was one. Do you know what I did to her, (Y/N)?"

  You didn't say a word. You couldn't bring yourself to do so. You had a sneaking feeling that you already knew what she had done though. It must have been the reason you never got the chance to meet your grandmother.

  "Not a single guess?" You mother asked, sounding disappointed at your silence. "I'll tell you then, I killed her. I hoped that it would not be passed to you, since you were not five just yet, and yet it did. So I knew, I must then kill you."

  That was the final blow to your heart before it broke you. You couldn't hold back the tears that gathered in your eyes. You tried to force them back, you did not want to show weakness to these people and yet they slid down your dirty cheeks, creating a path down your cheeks. One tear fell after another, and you had no power to make it stop.

  "You're lying... You can't be telling the truth. It's all just made up." You couldn't seem to raise your voice up to even a whisper. Your words went unheard by most, all except one. That one being the last one you wanted to hear you in those moments.

  "What was that, (Y/N)?" Your mother questioned, stopping to stand in front of you. You didn't need to be looking at her to know the she was looking down at you. You could tell she was by the way her shoes were pointing.

  Once again you stayed silent. You were not about to say one word against your mother. It didn't matter how different she was, this woman who stood before you was still your mother. It was still the woman you had loved even when you had thought she was dead. There was no way you could say anything against her.

"I said, what was that, (Y/N)?" You mother asked once again, grabbing your chin and making you look up at her. Your head snapped up so suddenly, pain shooting throughout your neck and down your spine. Tears continued to slide down your cheeks, but it had very little to do with the pain.