Chapter 16

Gilbert's POV

  Pain. That was the first thing Gilbert noticed that night. At first, he could deal with it. It was as if some part of him was sore. It was nothing too bad. But then it slowly started to get worst.

  Gilbert groaned, cracking his eyes open and clutching his chest. It felt hollow for some reason. Every move he made, hurt his body. And then the sharp pain shot through him.

  He couldn't breathe. He tried to pull in a breath, but his lungs seemed incapable of expanding. Tears instantly came to his eyes, and streamed down his face due to the sudden pain. He couldn't help put scream.

  Gilbert had never felt anything like this before. He felt like he was dying. Sweat was dripping from his body as his skin grew hot. He didn't know what he could do. It hurt too much to move.

  "Bruder?!" Ludwig asked worriedly as he hurried into the room. He didn't pause at the door, in any sort of shock. He just hurried over to the side of the bed checking Gilbert over, trying to find out what the problem was.

  "Gil?" A timid voice was at the door. But for Gilbert it fell on deaf ears. He couldn't focus on anything anyway. The pain was too much. It clouded his whole being.

  "Go get him some morphine or something." Ludwig ordered. They were sure to have some of it lying around the house. (Y/N) had gotten it for the patients before Gilbert, Ludwig, and Feliciano got to the house. Kevin was surely restocking it if they got close to running out.

  Soon enough Feliciano came running back in with Kevin close behind. Kevin took over, giving Gilbert what he needed, hopefully it relieved the pain Gilbert was experiencing. "What's happening to him?" Kevin asked, worried for the albino.

  Ludwig's heart dropped. He looked down at his brother, worried for him. "His Scar Holder is dying."