Chapter 4

A few weeks later and you were hurrying around Ludwig's house like a chicken without a head. Maybe bringing all these survivors into the house was a bad idea. No one could get a good night sleep because it seemed as if someone was always screaming in pain. It was starting to drive you a bit nuts.

  Hurrying down the hall, you headed to the room where the current scream was coming from. You went into the room and stopped when you saw someone standing by the bed. He was bent down over the person that screams had just died in their throat. All from lack of air.

  "What do you think you're doing? Let go of him." You demanded as you came forward. You pulled the one man off of the other and the one on the bed gasped. The one you pulled off turned on you. Raising a hand, they smacked you across the face.

  "Don't you know who you're talking to? I can do what I want!" He yelled and grabbed your shirt. You glared at him, not willing to give in.

  "Doesn't matter who you are. As long as you're here you're under my care and listen to me." You told the man sternly. You hated to boss people around but you knew when to put your foot down.

  "What's going on?" Kevin asked as he came into the room. Kevin was one of the people that were well enough to help out with everything here. There were only about six of you that could. Which was greatly outnumbered by the people who were suffering.

  "Kevin, I need you to take him and show him to a new room. One with no one he can harm." You said and Kevin nodded. He came and took the man away, ignoring his protests.

  Walking over to the bed you looked down at the man. He had some healing burns and was missing a hand. You didn't know how he had lost the hand but you knew it had been before the bombing since it had long already been healed. His red hair drenched with sweat along with his pale skin. He seemed to have once been from Ireland.

  "Are you alright sir?" You asked and he managed a weak nod.

  "Thank you lass, I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come." He said. His voice weak from being strangled only moments ago.

  "It's nothing. As long as your okay it doesn't matter. Now is there anything you need?" You asked as the little girl and her brother crept into the room. The girl was healing nicely and didn't seem to be suffering. Both of them had been following you around lately, ever since the girl was able to walk.

  "Papa!" The girl said rushing over to the man. She hugged him and you were shocked when a big smile made its way onto his face. The brother rushed over and hugged him as well.

  "You too are alright. I'm so glad." He said and you just stood and watched them. You hadn't even thought about loved ones that had been separated. "How long have you two been here?"

  "A few weeks. No one was here when we got here." The boy said and the man's eyes widened. He wasn't expecting that answer. You knew he wasn't.

  "She's taken really good care of us papa." The little girl said and you smiled. But looking at them you smiled and left the room. You wanted to go check on everyone else. Or at least as many people as you could. And maybe you could help them out if the had missing loved ones.

  So that's what you did for the next few hours before it was time to put everyone to bed. You were shocked to see the two kids back in the room they were originally in instead of in the room with their papa. "What are you two doing in here?" You asked them.

  "Well, this is the room you put us in so this is where we stay." They said and you couldn't help but laugh at that. It was cute. Something cute that really helped you relax a bit.

  "You two don't have to stay here. Up with you both and to the room your papa is in." You said and they smiled before scurrying past you. That made you smile slightly.

  "(Y/N)!" You heard someone yell from down the stairs. Your heart skipped a beat when you heard the familiar sound. Gilbert was here.

  You rushed down the stairs, stopping at the bottom. Gilbert was there with Feli and Ludwig. Ludwig though was lying down on a stretcher. He didn't seem to be bleeding but you know better then to think he was fine.

  "What are all these people doing here?" Gilbert asked as he carried one side of the stretcher. You went over and grabbed Feliciano's side, knowing it would be better if you helped and gave Feliciano a break. Without a word you let carried the stretcher to Ludwig's room with Gilbert.

  "They're survivors from the bombing." You told Gilbert. "All of them, citizens or Berlin."

  "So that's why West isn't as bad off as he could be. Listen (Y/N), you have no idea how much you doing this helps him. A countries heart doesn't only rely on the physical land mass but also the citizens." Gilbert said and you took in the information. It made sense.

  "What's wrong with him?" You asked since you saw next to no wounds on Ludwig. None of them in fatal spots.

  "He needs to be as close to Berlin as he can get. He'll draw strength from it." Gilbert said and you both carefully lifted Ludwig onto the bed. He groaned slightly but didn't move. It was obvious he was in pain.

  "How long will it take for him to heal?" You asked.

  Gilbert looked at you. His red eyes serious instead of shining with mischief. You longed to see the smile that you knew wasn't going to appear on his face. "Nobody knows. Only time will tell."