Chapter Nineteen

"Okay everyone, our next game is tomorrow. You've all been slacking in practice and i've noticed. Personal problems do not belong on the field and they should not be affecting the way you play. No, I want 15 sprints end zone to end zone."

"Come on coach, give us a break!" Tyler wines

"You've all given yourself your own breaks, so no. We can't loose if we want another championship under our belt, now go line up."

We all head to the right side end zone. Coach blows his whistle and we start sprinting.

Me and Cody are neck to neck, and everyone's right behind us.

"You know, you should let me win." Cody says

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I'm the one who pushed you to mend things with your dad."

"That doesn't mean anything. Any of my boys would've done the same, you're not that special now, come on. And besides this isn't about winning."

"Then why do you always push yourself to be ahead and finish first?"

"Because working hard for things you deserve, and I deserve to be first string QB."

That line ended our conversation. During our seventh lap Cody started to fall behind me a bit. I looked back at him and he winked at me.

"You deserve it super star." He said and that was the last I heard from him the rest of the sprints.

Cody really isn't that bad of a guy

after the sprints, coach made us run a few plays.

"Kaeleah run by Hail Mary and Statue of Liberty one more time then we're free to go." I nod and run to my teammates.

"Hail Mary then Statue of Liberty then we're done. If we mess up we're gonna run it again and again till we perfect it. Got it?" They mumble in response and I shake my head.

"I said, Do you get it?!"

"Yes Ma'am!" They shout back in response.

"That's how I like it, now let's go!"

10 minutes later in the middle of our second run of Hail Mary Mrs.Leonheart walks out of the school and stalks towards the field. What the hell does she even want?

"Kaeleah Anderson and Cody Austin! The both of you have not been showing up to rehearsals and I come to find that you spend all your time here? On a football field? Rehearsals are tomorrow after school from three till five. If you aren't there I will fail you both and you will be taken off this field for good." She shouts. Dang, she's just like that Darvis lady from the movie.

"Why is it so important that we be there?" Cody asks

"Did you not look at the bulletin board? You two are my lead actresses."

"You mean i'm Gabriella?" I ask

"And I'm Troy?" Cody asks

"Yes, you are both wonderful singers and are fit for the role. I'll see you tomorrow." She says and leaves.

"Cody, you sing?" Tyler asks "That's hilarious!" He yells and breaks into a laughing fit.

"Shut it Tyler, you're just mad you can't sing." I say

"Whoa whoa whoa, when did Kaeleah start defending Cody? Last time I checked she hated his guts." Lance says

"Shut up Lance." I say and glare at him through my helmet.

"What really happened at Cody's place when you ran off?" Kael asks?

I feel my face getting hot and I know i'm blushing. "Nothing happened." I say