8. Luke

"You hungry?" I asked as she smiled. "Starving." She grabbed the ice pack from my hand and held it on her head as I began to rummage through the kitchen. Surprisingly I can cook food and not have my hand go through the cooking materials. I decided on making pasta with Alfredo sauce. "How about you tell me about you a bit?" I said hoping she'll answer. After a few moments she let out a breath and began to talk. "Well there isn't much to say. I don't really have any friends besides oliva. I live with my mum since my dad isn't here anymore. I'm an only child. I well love reading and writing. It's wired to be honest everyone thinks I'm odd because I don't party or do any thing risky. I'm judged and teased constantly but it hard to not let it bother me though." I listened as I finished cooking the food to mix the sauce with it. She's so different and innocent from the rest it makes me smile. " but you know it's whatever." She added looking at me as I make plates for us. "People are just assholes remember that." I said handing her, her plate of food while i take the frozen bag of peas and place it back in the freezer. Her blue eyes watch me as I move.

It's almost as if she's trying to study me while I'm not looking.

Ding!

I groan grabbing my phone from my pocket. Another text from unknown.

Unknown- oh Luke good job. Your starting off good next step to you being alive is secrets revealed. Play a game perhaps but have a little fun while at it. There's an shut down water park 5 blocks away. Take carter and go break some rules. Have fun. ;). -the future.

I gulp reading the text out loud to carter. Her eyes pop out of there sockets. "We have to break in?" She sounded so scared to the task we were given. "Look carter no ones going to know were there anyway remember no one can see us or hear us." She choked on some pasta taking a deep breath. " I-I don't- okay.." She looked stund by her own answer. I was too just a little.

" I swear Luke it's as if someone's possessing what I'd say no and yes to." We both let out a shaky laugh before we quickly eat our dinner I had made and get ready for out task.

I'm hoping this goes alright.