Chapter 8

Damien

I called my house keeper and asked her to prepare the guest bedroom and have two play pens placed in the room. I have a feeling, Hallie would feel more comfortable having her kids with her. Plus, I don't want the little ones to wake up dazed and confused by their new surroundings.

Good thing I have my nieces and nephew often enough that I actually play pens lying around. The play pens would have to do while I find a better solution. I have a feeling I'm going to battle Hallie for everything I'm about to offer her. 

"Do you mind getting Ty and Michy," I asked Jerry once we got back to my place. "I don't want to have to wake her. She's dead on her feet," I said, nodding towards Hallie, who's softly snoring behind me.

"I got them, sir," he assured me.

I wrapped my arms around her and carried her bridal style, causing me to jostle her gently.

She frowned and blinked a few time.

"It's okay," I whispered softly. "I've got you, sweetheart."

She blinked a few more times and settled her gaze on me.

"Oh. It's you," she said softly with a smile, before falling back asleep.

I swallowed hard. God, she's stunning. This is the first time I'm seeing her up close. I can actually see the freckles on her dainty nose and soft cheeks. I love it. I think it gives her character. Her lashes were long and thick, and her lips were lush and full, just begging to be kissed.

Jerry cleared his throat from behind me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Thank you," I said, as he closed the car door.

He led me to my private elevator whilst, carrying the two little ones in their car seat. Both of them still sound asleep.

A few moments later the doors opened and Martha, my housekeeper was there to greet me.

"Oh my goodness," she breathed.

I smiled. "They're all okay. Just exhausted," I assured her.

"The guest room and the playpen are all set," she said. "Here, let me help you," she said and took Michy who had her thumb stuck inside her mouth.

I smiled.

"She's beautiful. They both are," she gushed.

I nodded in agreement as we walked to the guest room.

Once inside the room, Martha pulled the covers aside so I can lay Hallie on the bed, before taking Michy out of the car seat and laying her on one of the playpens. Jerry followed suit and placed Ty on the other one.

"Could you turn the baby monitor on," I asked Martha, who nodded.

I have a monitor in my room. I use it whenever I have any of my nieces and nephews over. Specially the little ones.

I want to let Hallie rest as much as she can. I just hope Michu and Ty don't mind if I look over them while their mom gets some much needed rest. Worse comes to worst, I'll just wake her.

I frowned. I might not even need to wake her. She'll probably wake your in her own if they need her. They're her kids after all.

"Sir?"

"Sorry. What is it?"

"Is there anything else I can do for you tonight?" Martha asked.

I shook my head. "No, thank you. We'll figure things out in the morning."