Epilogue

1 month later

Hallie

A month has passed by since I've let myself free from  my past. It hasn't been easy, but Lia was right. It got easier every day. With our entire family's support, I've found peace.

Now, as I look at our family, dancing and laughing, enjoying the night in each other's company, I feel such an overwhelming amount of love and happiness. Who would have thought that I would be so blessed to be part of such an amazing family.

I turned and found Damien staring at me.

I smiled at him.

"Marry me," he blurted out, making my eyes round in surprise.

"I love you, Hallie. The moment you almost knocked me on my ass, you hit my heart just as hard. I promise to love, respect, and cherish you for the rest of our lives. I promise to love, respect, cherish, encourage, and support our children and their dreams. I will be the husband that you deserve and more and the father that our children will be proud of. If you let me, I will spend my entire life loving you and our children and always reminding you that you all are my greatest gift that I will forever treasure. Please say yes," he said, tears in his eyes.

I smiled and laughed as tears rolled down my face. "Yes. Of course, I will," I said, kissing him.

We pulled apart and he pulled out a ring and slid it on my finger.

"I love you so much, Damien. You have made the dreams I never thought I had come true. You've given me a partner in life that I can trust and depend  on. You've given our children the father that they deserve, and lastly, you've given me a family," I said as I nodded towards them. They are looking back at us with tears and a huge smile on their faces.

He smiled and kissed me with burning love and promise of a happy life for the rest of our lives.

*****
"Sometimes I ask myself if it's harder to forgive or to forget? Then I realize that there isn't an answer that fits all."

"Love is strength, not weakness."