Break Up

Two days have passed since the attack on Emily. Rocky and Alix still haven't been seen since the ordeal with Mr. Colin, but Taylor and Jane have kept themselves locked up in their dorm room to work things out between them. With Emily in the hospital and the other four either missing or locking themselves away, this leaves Anne alone to decide what to do. Rather than stay at home and mope, Anne decided to go ahead and attend school to figure out what to do with Jane.

Throughout the day all Anne could think about was how badly injured Emily was. It ate at her little by little. She was slowly becoming consumed by her anger towards Jane, but, upon realizing how Emily wouldn't enjoy seeing her upset to the point of violence, Anne managed to contain herself and finally went on to her dorm after school to have a somewhat civilized conversation.

Jane and Taylor sat at opposite sides if the room while Anne sat herself in between them as a way to say that she wouldn't be picking sides. The three twirled their thumbs around a little bit before Anne began the conversation.

"Jane, why did you attack Emily?" She asked despite the fact that she already knows why. Jane jerked her head up and eyed Taylor who instantly looked away with saddened gaze.

"I... was mad at her... She didn't do anything, but she managed to keep Taylor's heart even though she hasn't done anything that deserves it! I... I just wanted Taylor to be mine, and I thought that she was mine... I guess I was wrong..." Jane cried out. Taylor slammed her fist onto the floor and yelled.

"She hasn't done anything to deserve it? What a load of bullshit! Emily and I... have been through so much together! It's just a miracle that she doesn't despise me! She still wants to be my friend after... after all I've dine to her...! She's so caring and considerate that it makes me want to understand her more and be there for her like she has for me!" Taylor screamed back at Jane, clentching her fists tighter and tighter. Jane chuckled and looked to Anne with a smug smile.

"Aren't you going to say anything? Emily is your girlfriend... Or maybe she's Taylor's now... Who knows! She could be screwing both of you over!" Jane shouted. Anne and Taylor both jumped up to their feet and confronted Jane, putting a hand on both of her shoulders.

"Emily isn't like that!" They both exclaimed at the same time. Anne and Taylor turned to each other before looking back at Jane who was still sitting on the ground with a arrogant look on her face.

"Just keep telling yourselves that... Well, whatever. I'm done with this. I'm going to go request a new room if you don't mind. See you guys whenever!" Jane called out as she left the room. Taylor and Anne let out a sigh of frustration at the same time as soon as Jane left, causing them to giggle slightly. Their smiles soon disappeared though as soon as they realized that there was still a problem between them. Taylor opened her mouth to speak, but Anne pressed her index finger to her lips to tell Taylor to keep quiet.

"I don't want to hear an apology or anything concerning that... It's fine. Just... don't try anything with her... ok?" Anne asked, holding out her hand to shake. Taylor chuckled slightly and put her hand in Anne's to shake on it.

"I'll try. That means that I'll at least hold back as much as I can. I don't really want to upset you two or anything, but... it's hard... you know? I respect you two though, so I'll contain myself... for now." Taylor said with a fruity tone. Anne laughed a little and rolled her eyes at Taylor before turning around to leave. Before she did though, Anne looked back at Taylor with a smile.

"Do you want to go with me? I'm going to go visit Emily right now, so...?" She questioned Taylor with a grin. Taylor quickly nodded and hurried out the door with Anne.

The two calmly strolled over to the hospital, but exchanged few words due to the tension between them. Once they got there, they were informed that only one person could visit Emily at a time because she had just gone through surgery only a few hours before. Anne made sure to be the one to go in and see Emily first, so she went on ahead of Taylor to speak to Emily. When Anne entered the room, she was met by a sleeping Emily who had a long white bandage wrapped around her nose. Anne didn't want to disturb her, so she sat silently beside the bed and placed her hand on top of Emily's just to make sure that it was her and that she was alright. She lowered her head and began to sniffle and soon sob.

"Emily... I'm so so sorry that you got hurt... If only I had opened the door! Then... then it would have been me and not you... Then I could have saved you... Then... then I could have gotten at least a little closer to being worthy of you... I'm so—"

"If you saved me, then you would be laying here." Anne looked up to see Emily wide awake with a stern gaze. Her eyes were filled with anger, but at the same time they looked more concerned than anything. "Anne, I don't want you to be blaming yourself! It's not your fault... It's mine... I don't blame Jane for doing what she did. If I was in the same situation as her, then I would have done the same thing probably." Emily admitted. Anne jumped out of her seat and knelt down beside the bed, laying her head in Emily's lap as her sobbing began to grow louder and louder.

"I don't care! It's all my fault! If I stopped Jane before then this could have been completely prevented! Everything! It's all ruined!" Anne cried out. Emily frowned and rubbed to top of Anne's head lovingly.

"Nothing is ruined. Is our relationship ruined? No. As long as that isn't ruined, then I don't care. We are fine. We love each other, don't we? Yes. As long as we have that, then nothing else matters..." Emily smiled. Anne nodded and wiped her face before glancing back at the door to the room which had begun to open.

"Anne, are you done in here? I... I need to talk with Emily... alone..." Taylor called out in a low voice...