Fight

Alix and Rocky glanced at each other multiple times until finally Alix reached for Rocky and hand and smiled.

"Thanks, Emily...!" Alix exclaimed, changing from seemingly upset to an upbeat attitude. Rocky looked around the hallway, avoiding eye contact with both Emily and Alix before chuckling slightly and rubbing the back of her neck nervously. Jane went up to Emily and smacked her on the back, smirking devilishly.

"Wow, way to go matchmaker!" Jane joked, returning to Taylor's side with an impressed grin. For a moment, the atmosphere that was relatively elated, soon became melancholy.

"Jordan... Knew that I was working with you guys..." Rocky intervened. The group stopped laughing and instantly focused their attention on her as she explained. "I just asked her about the notes that Emily's been getting, but she got all defensive and yelled right back at me... After that, Jordan realized why I was asking and kicked me out of her little plan... I'm sorry..." She apologized, sniffling slightly. Emily placed her hand onto Rocky's shoulder and shook her head.

"It's fine! At least we have you on our side now. Plus, those notes are really starting to get on my nerves, so if they don't stop then I can't promise that I won't blow up at someone." Emily snarled. Rocky and Anne stared at her in disbelief, but soon snorted and snickered at the thought of Emily going off on someone.

"I'm not so sure that I would go that far... Still, I appreciate the backup... I guess?" Rocky remarked, unsure how else to respond. Anne wrapped her arms around Emily's waist and then promptly set her head onto her shoulder.

"There is a reason why I'm here you know. I'm the man, I guess, of this relationship, so I want to protect you." Anne beamed. The two shared a quick hug before preparing to head to their lockers and figure out what to do next.

As soon as Emily opened hers up, dozens upon dozens of notes fell out and onto the floor. Without much hesitation, she picked them all up and tossed them into a nearby trashcan before grabbing her book bag and her phone. Before leaving the school with the others, a message popped up on her phone, so Emily clicked on it to view it. Oh, another threatening message from Jordan's little demons probably...

"Come home, and hurry! My aunt's here again!" Emily quickly threw her book bag over her shoulder and ran out the school, swiftly passing her friends without explaining things. Anne rushed after her as the two both headed for the orphanage where Connie and her aunt were. When they got there, Connie's arms were being grabbed by her aunt who attempted to pull her to the exit.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing to her!" Emily shouted, dashing over to pull Connie away from the woman. She sighed and held her hand out, demanding that Connie come with her. Her aunt glared and grabbed Connie's hair, pulling her towards the exit.

"She's my niece! I have the right to take her back under my care if I wish!" She shrieked. Anne pushed the woman out of the way and pulled Connie down the hallway and into one of the rooms to keep her safe.

"If Connie doesn't want to go with you, then she doesn't have to. Plus, I could have you arrested for assault after you just attacked her like that, so I have to asked you to leave, miss." Emily responded, folding her arms with 911 typed on the phone. Connie's aunt stomped her feet in a fury and left in a hurry to avoid getting arrested. After she left, Connie and Anne emerged from one of the rooms, sighing heavily with a small smile.

"Wow, Emily, you really have changed. I mean in a good way! I promise!" Anne stumbled nervously, waving her hands back and forth in an attempt to take back what she said. Connie giggled, hugging both Emily and Anne with a bright smile.

"Thanks! I was so worried when she showed up here..." She mumbled, looking towards the ground. Anne patted Connie's head and turned towards the rooms before shouting.

"You guys, the coast is clear!" A storm of kids came charging from each and every room and began to cheer for both Emily and Anne. Connie tapped Emily's back to get her attention.

"Hey, have you two moved into that apartment yet?" She asked. Emily realized that she completely forgot about the apartment, but nodded anyways.

"Well... Sort of... You can come live with us still. Just bring your stuff because we are getting ready to head there now. We will probably have to meet up with Taylor and Jane." Connie smiled and ran towards her room to grab clothes and items to take. Some time later, the three left and headed back towards their dorm room. When they reached their door, Taylor was already waiting there with a distraught look on her face.

"Where have you been!?" She yelled, shaking Emily furiously as tear streamed down her face. "Because you weren't there with us, that crazy bitch Jordan attacked Rocky and Alix both!" She yelled. Emily and Anne both gasped.

"Where are they now?" Anne questioned her, grabbing onto both of Taylor's shoulders.

They are in mine and Jane's room with ice packs on their face. So, why did you disappear so quickly on us?" Emily gestured to Connie with her eyes and held onto her.

"This one's annoying aunt can back, so we had to scare her away again." Taylor lifted her hand up and hit Emily across the face without warning.

"Really? That's why you let those two suffer? You know what? Why not let her aunt take her already? She is a relative!" The two argued back and forth until Anne finally cut them both off by shouting.

"Shut up! Both of you! Aren't we friends? Why would you guys even insult each other when you're so close?" The two stopped speaking and thought to themselves for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Taylor! We-"

"I'm done with this, Emily. You always do this, and now there were consequences. There's no do over, no forgiveness, and no room for people like you. Just... Don't speak to us from now on..." Taylor mumbled, strutting away to her own room in silence...