Unwanted Guest

Emily slowly rose out of her bed and yawned. It has already been a week since school started and no drama, bullying, or any other problem had arose for her yet. As she exited her room and into the shower a knock at the door startled her.

"Guys I just got in here. You'll have to use the other bathroom." Emily said as she hummed to herself.

"Emily a scary lady is here to see you." Connie replied as her voice quivered in fear. Emily quickly dried off before wrapping a towel around her hair and answering the front door. It was a tall and very posh lady with short black silk hair. Her dress seemed to be more for those in a high class but at the same time maybe middle class. She smiled with no sincerity and instead waltzed right into the orphanage with no invitation.

"Excuse me who are you?" Emily asked with a disgusted look. The lady frowned and spat at Emily which landed directly on her face.

"I don't need to tell you child. Now tell me where is Connie at" She asked. Emily sighed and backed away.

"We have no Connie here ma'am so if you would kindly leave please." Emily begged. The lady glared and then began to what seemed to be weeping.

"Oh my baby! I just miss her so so much! Can't you please tell me where she is at?" She asked. Emily sighed again and nodded. I mean it can't be my connie...

"Ok so what is her full name?" Emily questioned the lady.

"Connie Ann Boro. I have to go now but if she is her contact me with this number." She said handing Emily a slip of paper before leaving. Emily yawned and went into Connie's room before resuming her shower.

"Hey do you know that woman Connie?" Emily asked as she stood at the doorway. Connie shook her her but then soon nodded slightly with a saddened look.

"She's my aunt... she just got out of rehab not too long ago but she doesn't even remember what I look like..." Connie muttered. With a slight frown Emily walked over to Connie and hugged her.

"Well what do you want to do? Stay here or go live with her? I will be able to get a job this year and so will Anne and don't tell anyone but we were planning to rent a small apartment together. Do you want to live with us?" Emily asked as she plopped onto her bed. Connie gasped and nodded frantically.

"Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!" Connie shouted happily. She excitedly danced around the room and then ran to Emily panting and sighing. "You may not be my real sister Emily but you are better then a real one! I love you so so much!" Connie said hugging Emily again.

"Well just don't tell anyone yet until we save up the money ok?" Emily asked. Connie nodded again and smiled brightly.