SkyMU w/ SkyBrine

Start from the beginning

“Sky, NO!” Jason shouted, but it was too late. Sky splayed his hands out towards the ground near the store clerk man, and lightning struck him immediately. The man's body fell to the ground, charred by the intense energy put into a SkyBrine Strike. “N-No, no, Sky, come on!” Jason said, crawling hesitantly over to the man's lifeless body. “No, he's... He's dead... Sky! Sky, you just took a life!”

Sky smirked. “So? His life deserved to be taken,” he said angrily, stepping toward a horrified Jason.

“N-no, everyone deserves a second chance... He hardly even did anything wrong, Sky!”

“Are you questioning my judgment?” Sky roared.

“I-I- You aren't... You don't have the right to judge anyone,” Jason said quietly.

“I have every right!” Sky screamed, stepping closer still. The wind around them died down immediately. All the dirt, grass, and debris fell to the ground, some of it hitting Jason's suit and helmet. Jason cried out as a particularly sharp rock tore a hole in the arm of his suit and pierced the skin slightly, and another fell on the button on the neck of his suit, popping his helmet open and back so that his face was uncovered. He brushed his brown curls out of his face and scrambled away from Sky, sniffling slightly.

“Please don't do anything stupid, Sky-” he began.

STUPID? Nothing I do is stupid, boy! The world is stupid, but I am above the world! I am the only person worthy of life!” Sky snapped, walking more quickly towards the terrified boy in the astronaut suit.

Jason jumped to his feet and began to slowly back away from Sky. No one else was around. Everyone had fled this area of town when the wind had first started up. Jason wished he could join them, wished he could just run and hide until Sky returned to normal, but he knew he couldn't leave his boyfriend like that. If and when Sky regained control, he would feel horrible about anyone he had hurt or killed. Jason had to be there to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. Glancing at the store clerk's burnt body, he knew he had already failed, but he had to try to stop Sky from doing anything else. “Sky, please, this isn't you, you know it isn't. I know the real you is still in there, I know it is. Please come back, Sky, please,” he begged, eyes brimming with tears at the sight of Sky's rage-filled features.

“NO! STOP IT! DON'T TELL ME WHO TO BE!” Sky screeched, speed-walking toward Jason. Jason's eyes widened as he tried to back up and realized his back was already against the wall of a grocery store. “I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT, AND YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT!” Jason slid down the wall until he was hugging his knees on the ground and Sky was towering over him. “I COULD KILL YOU, TORTURE YOU EVEN, AND YOU WOULD HAVE LITERALLY NO WAY TO STOP ME!”

“Sky, p-please don't..,” Jason whimpered, staring up into Sky's white eyes, his sunglasses having fallen off. “I'm sorry, but please... Please just think this through, Sky, you don't want to hurt me, you... You love me...”

Sky sneered at him, crouching down so he was level with Jason. “Are you trying to change my mind? Do you think you can stop me with a few petty words? Do you?” Jason, against his better judgment, nodded. Sky frowned, tentatively (or at least, that's what it looked like to Jason) reaching a hand toward Jason's face. The space-loving boy fully expected him to caress his cheek or apologize, that sort of thing. “Well, you're wrong,” Sky laughed cruelly, touching a finger to Jason's cheek. Shock waves of pain rushed through Jason's body, causing it to fidget wildly as Jason screamed in pain.