Why should I care

Start from the beginning

"Please stop it jungkook.. please.. its burning. It hurts..a lot."

"So bear with it. I don't fucking care"

I started moving again to prove my point, making Sasha scream in pleasure. Taehyung howled in pain on the other side of the line, making my insides churn. I feel nauseous.

"Please jungkook.."

He added defeatedly, in a last attempt, voice sounding beyond broken. I didn't care. I ignored him and hung up, trying to relieve myself. But taehyung's pain is too agonizing. I feel it as if I were the one in pain. I can't concentrate on my task. It's excruciating for him. He's scratching at his own skin to stop it, thrashing around on the bed. He's screaming for anyone to make it stop, to take the pain away. I cursed and stopped fucking sasha. His pain is too much to bear and I'm not satisfied even after roughly fucking into her. That annoyed me. It's all his fault.

I stopped my thrusting and pulled out.

"I'm sorry. But I'll take a rain check on that."

I lied hastily putting my clothes back on and left without even glancing her way, saving myself from the disappointed look and the desperate pleading. I know my drunken lies are horrible, but I think I got her because she didn't question me. Ha... good job jungkook. I mentally patted myself. I'm a genius.

  This whole mating shit is messing me up. I can't even walk properly. Alcohol is really not my thing. But it works somehow as a stress reliever.

As I walked along the busy streets, the previous events played back in my head. The pretty omega, my best friend. How I stupidly marked him as mine. How stupidly attracted I was to him. All the anger came back again. I lost the right to willingly fall in love with someone and have them as my mate. I can't have babies. I lost my privacy. He can feel my every fucking emotion. I can't even have sex. It's all because him. Because he submitted. 

Speaking of the devil, taehyung is worried about my drunken state. I mentally told him to fuck off. The mating bond is getting on my fucking nerves.

Without even knowing, my feet subconsciously led me back to our apartment. It's only 15 minutes away from Sasha's after all. I struggled to punch the security code in properly. After some pitiful attempts, I succeeded. I'm so pathetic. I almost laughed visualizing how stupid I looked, golden maknae, jeon jungkook fidgeting unable to open his own fucking door.

When I opened the main door, I was greeted by the whole band scattered around the living room. Taehyung looked devastated, eyes bloodshot from crying and skin painted with bloody scratching mark. I felt a knife twist deep in my gut taking free will to roam around my body.

My inner alpha roared in agony, snapping at me furiously. He's cussing the hell out of me for hurting his omega. Fuck off brat. I shooed him away and schooled my face into an emotionless expression. I must look manly, not drunk. I must look nonchalant, not pained. 

The moment I stepped into the living room, I was punched by namjoon hyung. Repeatedly. I didn't even have the time to react. I was horribly drunk and was roughly pinned down on the floor.

"You ignorant bastard... I'm going to kill you..how could you do that to him???"

He snarled and punched my bruised jaw again. Taehyung screamed clutching his jaw too. That's when I and everyone in the room realized that hurting me is equivalent to hurting the already tormented omega. Namjoon hyung stopped midway through his punch as hobi hyung pulled him off me.

"Calm down namjoon...we can't solve anything like this.."

Jin hyung helped hobi hold namjoon hyung back. I was too shocked to react. Namjoon hyung never raised his voice at me let alone hit me like this. He's always the calm one. He's always the well composed one. I knew jimin and suga hyung had the same hot temper that i have. But namjoon hyung?

"No. I'm not gonna calm down. He needs to learn his lesson. If it weren't for tae, he'd be six feet under ground by now."

Namjoon hyung panted furiously. And if we thought he was joking before then the vengeful glint he had in his eyes as he vowed to kill me was enough to prove his seriousness. I struggled to get up, my head all dizzy.

"Are you drunk jungkook ah?"

Jin hyung asked in disbelief. Fuck. I got caught. I rarely ever drink. No wonder he's surprised.

"Noo...I'm not"

I tried to stand straight and sneer at him. I feel funny, even after getting badly beaten up. You gotta love alcohol.

"Yes you are.. you can't even stand without wobbling."

Hobi hyung confirmed. Others nodded in agreement too. Oh. Fuck my life. I'm just drunk. So what?

"You caught meee.."

I smiled widely flashing a bloody smile, clearly having no clue as to what I'm doing, too drunk to think logically.

"You fucker. You dare get drunk and fuck your sluts after forcefully marking your best friend. Do you have any fucking idea how unbearably painful it is to feel your mate having sex with others. Huh? Do you? of course not because you're a fucking monster. You selfish bastard. You know what? I give up on you."

Namjoon hyung grabbed my collars, before sending me tumbling back with a hard shove. My drunken state slowly faded at the harsh remarks.

"So what? I'm the monster. You can all blame me. Go on. What am I supposed to do? Drop my everything and spend my whole life with a male, my supposed best friend. What about my dreams?"

I spat the blood in my mouth out glaring at them afterwards. Why do they always take his side. I'm hurt too. I don't want any of this shit.

Taehyung is crying softly hugging jimin. It hurts my Alpha to look at my omega being consoled by another male. It fucking hurt. But I shouldn't care.

"It's not like that jungkook ah... I understand you are upset. But you can't have sex with just anyone when you have a mate. Please try to be flexible about this. It really hurt us looking at tae helplessly screaming in pain like that. Just look at him. How could you hurt him like this?"

Jin hyung tried to explain. Fuck off beta. You can't order me around. Mate, my ass. He doesn't want me as a mate. He preferred the fucker that tried to rape him over me. Why would I ever consider him as a mate.

"You don't fucking understand hyung, none of you do. You weren't the ones who had to bear with that fucking inviting scent he gives off. You weren't the ones who had to hold a submitting omega in your arms. He was fucking whimpering and begging for me to take him. I wanted to have a nice family and have my own babies. Now it's all gone. But of course it's all jungkook's fault. You all never cared about me anyways. It's always him. Go ahead, console your precious omega. I'm off."

"It's not like that jung-"

"Save it hyung. I'm sick off this shit."

Hobi hyung tried to explain but I cut him off, ignoring the others' sympathy looks and taehyung's sobbing. He's beyond sad. I feel it. He hates being an omega. He doesn't want me near him ever again. He wants to kill himself to escape his misery.

My drunken state was long gone. I threw myself on my bed and closed my eyes trying to ignore my mate's self-loathing thoughts.

*******************

It's been 3 days since the fight. Namjoon hyung tried to talk with me numerous times. I just ignored him. I was upset about his backlash against me. I knew i'd forgive him eventually but it'd forever be engraved in my mind. How one of my most trusted friends betrayed my trust. I could bear being punched by jimin because we always fight. But never namjoon hyung. He's my role model. He's the one I look up to. He's the one I turn to with any problem I have. I thought at least he'd understand. But all he said was that he's giving up on me. I was super upset.

Taehyung ignored me like he's been doing ever since he presented. I avoided him too. I tried my best to ignore his emotions. There's no more 'jungkookie' or 'tae'. It's just jungkook and taehyung now.