Chapter 8

Ian's POV

I flushed the toilet and started walking down the stairs. That's when I heard someone call for help. It sounded like Sam?

I hurried downstairs and started to look for her.

When I got to the hallway I heard something again. I turned around and there she was.

She was pinned against a wall by some big guy. And he was touching her.

"Hey you! What the fuck do you think your doing??" I yelled and hurried towards them.

The big guy turned to me.

"None of your business pal." He said.

I now saw Sam looking at me with tear filled and desperate eyes. That's it.

"I'm not your pal." I said as I raised my fist and punched him in the face.

He let go of Sam and stumbled backwards. He was holding a hand on his cheek were I had hit him.

He was to drunk to win a fight against me right now and he knew it. Luckily for him he decided to just walk away, but not without giving me some hatred filled looks.

As soon as he was gone I turned my attention to Sam.

"Are you alright? Did he do something more than just.. Touch you?" I was dreading the answer. If that fucker hurt her I'm gonna kill him.

"No.. He didn't get the chance to." She almost whispered.

"Oh thank god.." I mumbled.

I looked back at Sam and she was still in shock mode.

"You want a ride home?" I asked and looked at her. She nodded and I gave her my hand to help her stand up.

We were just about to get out of the house when someone started to call out for us.

"Hey! Sam! What are you doing here? Who is he?"

We turned around to see who it was.

''Nate..?" Sam whispered.

Who the fuck is this now? I'm not in the mood for more drama.

''So? Are you gonna give me an answer?" The blond guy in front of me asked Sam. Why was he being so pushy? Sam was still shaken.

"Look man she's not in the right state to be arguing so could you just back off?" I pushed Sam behind me as a protective gesture.

''You're telling me to back of? That's my girlfriend right there!'' He said and pointed at Sam.

Wait? Did he say girlfriend?

Sam's POV

I wanted to speak up and clear things out but I just couldn't get a single word out of my mouth. I just really needed to get out of here.

And Nathan? What is he even doing here? He had told me we couldn't hang out this weekend because he was going to visit his grandparents!

He lies to me and then have the nerve to pick a fight with Ian who just saved me from getting freaking raped!

And then, when Nathan mentioned the word girlfriend, I could feel Ian tensing up. What was that about? I looked at Ian and he had this weird expression on his face. I couldn't quite figure out what it meant tough.

''Sam why aren't you listening? Get over here now!'' Nathan suddenly growled.

He's trying to tell me what to do now? That's it.

"Nate, just shut up for a second, I'm not your fucking dog! We can talk about why you're here and not at your grandparents house some other day but right now Ian is driving me home, okey?!'' I nearly yelled the last part but it worked because Nathan went quiet and just stared at me.

I turned around and pushed my way out of the house. Not long after I heard Ian right behind me. He showed me where his bike was and gave me a helmet.

The ride home was quiet. I didn't know what to say. When we got to my house I got of the bike and gave him the helmet.

Then I just stood there for a couple of seconds. I wanted him to say something but he stayed quiet. This is getting ridiculous.

"Thank you for driving me home and saving me from what happened before." I spoke up.

''Don't mention it." He simply said. He didn't even bother to look up at me. Why is he being so rude all of a sudden?

"Well, I guess I will see you in school then?" I said.

''Yeah whatever." He answered as he put his helmet on and drove away. He didn't even say goodbye.

Why was he being such a jerk all of a sudden? Did I do something? I knew he was bad news..

Ian's POV

I didn't mean to be such a douche to Sam. I don't even know why I was in such a bad mood. I just felt.. Disappointed? I don't really know what I'm feeling and I sure as hell don't know why.

I needed to get my mind of of things.

I kept driving until I got to a nearby bar. I had barely touched the booze at the party so I wasn't even drunk. But right now I wanted to be.

I sat down on a bar stool and ordered a whiskey. I didn't even like whiskey that much but it didn't matter.

It wasn't long until my vision started to get blurry but that didn't stop me from ordering more shots.

I couldn't think straight and without even realising it, my mind wandered of to Sam. I shouldn't have been so rude to her. It's not her fault her boyfriend is a dick.

I should apologise. Like right now.

I stood up and started to find my way out of the bar. Not without stumbling in to a couple of people but it wasn't easy to walk straight with this many shots in my system.

I knew I couldn't take my bike, I may be drunk but I'm not stupid, so I just started to walk towards Sam's house.