Chapter 6

''So the party is tomorrow and I don't know what to wear. Help me out here Ali?'' I had Ali on the phone and was hoping that she could help me with my little dilemma.

''Do you wanna wear pants or like a dress?'' She asked.

''I don't know. Everything in my wardrobe feels so boring right know.''

I sighed.

''Oh, I know!'' Ali bursted out.

''What?''

''I'm so smart."

''Just tell me already!''

''We. Are.'' She made a dramatic pause. God she's annoying sometimes..

"Going shopping!" She squealed.

"That's your brilliant idea? Oh my god Ali, you could've just told me."

"And what's the fun in that if I may ask?" She said matter of factly.

I didn't even bother answering.

''I'll pick you up in 15 minutes, be ready by then!" I said and then we hung up.

*

I was waiting in my car outside Ali's house. The 15 minutes I had given her as a deadline had passed and she still wasn't ready. As usual.

"Hurry up Ali.." I muttered to myself as I started tapping the steering wheel with my fingertips.

About five minutes later she appeared in the doorway of her house. She fumbled with her keys as she was trying to lock the door. When she finally succeeded, she jogged towards me and got in to the car.

"I'm so lucky to have a friend that's so punctual." I said ironically as she was trying to get her seatbelt on.

She looked up at me and smiled innocently. "And I'm so lucky to have a friend that's so patient."

We started to giggle as we made our way to the mall.

*

''What about this one? I think it's rather cute." Ali held up a blue dress that reached to the knees.

"I don't know.. Let's keep looking and if I don't find anything better I'll buy it.'' I said. I was quite picky when it got to clothes.

"But you do want a dress right?" She asked.

"Yeah, I do. What about you? Do you know what to wear?" I asked her as I started to look through some cheap dresses on sale.

"No I'm thinking of buying something as well. Sam what are you doing?" She stared at me in disbelief.

"What?" I asked.

"Get away from those cheap clothes you are never going to find something pretty there." She grabbed my arm and dragged me away to another part of the store.

"This looks promising." She said and picked out some dresses.

"How about this?" She said.

I turned around and saw Ali holding something black in her hands. Yep, that's my dress alright.

"It's perfect!" I said and took the dress from her hands.

It was a short, but not too short, black dress. Nothing special and that's what I liked about it.

"Now let's find something for you Ali." I said and started digging through a pile of clothes.

"I've got it! This is the one!" I held up a burgundy dress with straps that made a beautiful pattern on her chest. It was above knee length and it would fit her perfectly.

"I love it! Thank you!" She almost jumped up and down when she saw the dress.

We went to the cashier and bought the dresses for ourselves.

"We are going to rock that party my friend." I said as we made our way back to my car.

*

A/N

This is a boring chapter, I know, but it's just because it's a filler one. The next chapter will be better and longer, I promise! And thank you so much for reading my book!