Chapter 5

Ian's POV

I'm not going to lie, she was hot.

Nice hair, nice body, nice face.

She was definitely hook up- material.

Ok don't get me wrong, I'm not a total douche. A bit of a player, maybe, but I'm not heartless. I don't mind if people think I am though.

I just think it's easier to not get in too deep. Not care too much. I'm not exactly boyfriend material.

I grabbed the keys from my pocket and unlocked the door to the house I was now standing in front of.

"Honey, I'm home!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I swung the door open.

"Dude, you really need to stop doing that." Another voice answered me. I grinned as I spotted my best friend Jake walking out from the kitchen with a huge sandwich and a soda in his hands.

He was letting me stay at his house since I was kicked out from my own.

My parents had hit their braking point when my latest house party had resulted in a big mess. And I mean big. The whole house was practically ruined. And the fact that I was completely wasted when they got home and saw what I've done didn't really help.

Ok, so I fucked up. But what's done is done and I'm not the person to feel regrets.

I sat down on the couch next to Jake and snatched the sandwich from his hands. I took a big bite.

"What the hell man! Make your own!" Jake yelled.

"Stop whining." I said and slapped the back of his head.

"I swear to god Ian, if you don't stop being such a pain in the ass, I will not let you stay here." Jake threatened. Lame threat. He wouldn't dare to kick me out and we both knew it.

"Why are you being so grumpy all of a sudden? Are you on your period or something?" I asked and took a sip of his soda.

"Haha really funny Ian." He said ironically. I could see a hint of amusement on his face though.

"Oh by the way, interested in a party next weekend? Get to know some new people, get drunk, get laid.." Jake said and smirked.

"And that's why you're my best buddy." I said and grinned.

Sam's POV

"So he just busted you out from detention, drove you home AND called you hot. All in one day and to make it all even weirder, you two had only just met. Seems legit." Ali said and took a sip from her coffe.

We were sitting at a small coffeshop a couple of blocks from my house. Ali had called me just a few minutes after I had been dropped of at home by Ian. She wanted to meet up which seemed like a perfect timing to tell her what had happened earlier.

"I know right? What's his deal?" I said.

"Did you tell Nathan?" Ali asked.

"No why would I? Nothing happened and I'm not interested in Ian. Plus Nathan gets so worked up about nothing." I answered.

"Guess you're right. But from one thing to another, you wanna come with me to Colin's party next weekend?" Ali asked.

"I'm sorry I can't. I'm spending the weekend with Nathan." I said.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at the display and saw Nathan's picture pop up.

"Speaking of which." I said and answered.

"Hi Nate."

Ali looked at me while I was talking. "Nathan are you serious? And you can't do it another day? Fine. Bye."

I sighed as I put my phone down. Ali gave me a confused look as she waited for me to explain.

"Well it looks like I'm free this weekend." I said.

"Nathan ditched you?" she asked and gave me a sympathetic look.

I nodded in response.

"Well screw that, we're going to a party and we are going to have the time of our lives!" I smiled at her words.

"Always the one to cheer me up Ali." I said and chuckled lightly.