Chapter Six- The Secret Heir

Hey Angels! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating for a VERY VERY long time (truly sorry) 'cause I'm a high schooler now. I have so many ideas and twists, I'm very excited to write about 'em. Enjoy! 😊 (it's a kpop song and you probably know it plz give it a try)

(f/t: favorite type)

Y/N's P.O.V.

As I was getting ready to leave, I remembered that I need to go to the patisserie today.

"Shoot!" I unintentionally shouted.

Alya and Marinette left 5 minutes ago but Nino and Adrien were still here and they were looking at me confused along with the students who were still in the class. I didn't care and didn't had any time for an explanation so they kept looking at me confused. It's a good thing that the patisserie was only 10 minutes away from the school. I started running towards the patisserie. I looked at the time on my phone. Only five minutes late. I should stop being late to everywhere.

The owner of this shop, Mrs. Bonheur -who is a very old woman- greeted me while she was serving some cheesecake to a customer's table. She smiled then cocked her head towards the kitchen. I nodded and got inside taking my sweatshirt and bag off and wearing a cute pink apron matching my dress. The other owner of the patisserie, Mrs. Bonheur's wife -the chef- told me to come over there.
"Come, come young lady! We are running out of lavender macarons. Stay next to me and do what I told you to do so, okay?"
Mr. Bonheur said still busy whisking the egg whites. He was as old as his wife. But still very good at doing his job. This patisserie/cafe opened a very very long time ago. The couple bought this place newly married, while they were still early on their teens. They both loved cooking so the Bonheur couple wrote a recipe book containing all the traditional and modern dessert and kept the recipes as a secret. They both cook very well that it isn't a surprise this place is very popular in Paris. I used to come here and sometimes with Adrien when I was younger. I still remember the taste of the f/t macaron. This place is still very popular and it is very close to the Eiffel Tower and they haven't shared their recipes to anyone. They don't have a child so they really like young boys and girls.

I weighed the ingredients because they need to be very precise especially when you are making macarons. I cleaned the kitchen,redied the gadgets and checked the oven. I don't know how to make any of the desserts they sell. We kept working in the kitchen and Mrs. Bonheur kept working as a waitress and a cashier. My math is not good and I can be clumsy at times so I think I'm doing a ok job here. They sure were working fast and everything was working out very smooth. The cafe closes early because it opens early. They close the cafe around 6pm. Sometimes around 7pm. We cleaned the kitchen after baking such delicious desserts. I untied my apron and took my stuff. As I was leaving Mr. & Mrs. Bonheur called and told me to sit here a while.  Mrs. Bonheur started speaking
"Y/N, you sure have grown so much. Carl -Mr. Bonheur- said you helped so much."

I blushed and smiled.
"Ah, thank you very much Mrs. Bonheur"

"Please call me Mary. You know we are very old. To be precise we are 74. We don't know if we have much time left and as you know we don't have any children or grandchildren. We know your childhood and we have known your mother since college. She used to come here with all of her friends and paid us generously. We even made their wedding cake!" she smiled.

"Please take this book" she handed me a old leather notebook.

"There are secret recipes in there and don't worry they are in English" she winked at me.

"I- I...  thank you very much" I smiled.

"You always sold your desserts in front of your house with the young boy and everytime we were the first one to buy them"