Chapter 8

I type in the number most familiar to me, Erics.

"Hello?" He speaks into the phone and I begin to cry, I haven't cried since the day I lost Alpha R but I couldn't help it just this once I had to indulge in such a simplicity.

"Orabelle is that you!" He exclaims, I nod my head as if he could see me before realizing that he isn't here and I am still alone "Yes its me, I'm okay," I state in between sniffles.

"What happened to you, all I could remember was us running and then it all goes blank. I woke in the middle of the woods alone and god I've been looking all over for you calling in favors!" I cut him off in the middle of his rant wanting to explain what's happened.

"I'm the kings mate." I state softly.

"I'm sorry say that one last time my ears are getting older I thought you said you were the Kings mate."

"The Alpha King Damien Knight is my mate," I say again this time louder and more assured.

"Woah Orabelle congrats I guess, what are you going to do?" He asks obviously concerned for me and my safety, but I know deep down he needs to know what my plan is for taking care of our not-a-pack.

"I can't stay of course, I have too many other things I need to take care of I do not have time for a mate, let alone the most possessive and overprotective of all."

"I get you're scared Orabelle, after what happened when you were younger-"

"This has nothing to do with my past so don't make it seem like it does. You of all people Eric should know that what happened to me will never affect me again. I am thinking about the not-a-pack and your family not me. So just don't!" I scream into the phone that subject is a touchy one for me and it makes me quick to anger even if it is my best friend Eric I am talking to. I know Eric cares about me but he's wrong on this, it has nothing to do with my past and my fears, those left me long ago.

"You can't honestly believe that." He states and I sigh "I do Eric I know it."

"What are you going to do reject him?"

"If I must" I shrug acting nonchalant but I can hear Ostanda whining in my head already, just at the very thought of letting my mate go.

"I love you to death Orabelle but you can't do that, One. No one could ever love you as deeply as a mate could and Two. He is a king, he could never let you go, I do not want to see you hurt."

"You're wrong, I. Do. Not. Need. Him. And what are you going to do if I become Queen, who will care for the not-a-pack. I took over for you so you could take care of your family. So tell me what's your plan because right now rejection seems like the only good one."

"I appreciate your concern but I can and will take over, Lola is getting older and Valerie will always be by my side to help and think Orabelle think for 2 seconds about everything you could do if you were Queen and had the King at your feet." He states through the phone obviously frustrated.

"Change the rules that were made to ruin us rogues lives, fix the broken system. All you have to do is open your heart." He states once more trying to change my mind.

"You're right I'm scared you've caught me" I whisper. "What if Alpha Berret finds me, I know if I become the Kings Queen I will be at the front line of news, he will know where I am." I sigh out hoping that eric could understand.

"You have to take a chance Orabelle you have to."

"And what am I supposed to do about what happened to Alpha R, am I just supposed to let it go?" I ask Eric, he knows how much I hurt after his death. How much I wanted to die with him. I had nothing left but Eric after that and I do not want to forgive the man whose broken orders killed my father figure.

"No of course not, you have to try though. Get over yourself Orabelle and try. I have to go tell Valerie and Lola you're okay they miss you a lot and want to see you again."

"I'll talk to King Damien to see if I can visit, but if he says no trust me you'll be seeing me soon." I smirk hanging up the phone, if Damien won't let me leave I will break out. 

I get up from sitting on the bed to walk over to the bathroom to take a well deserved shower. Turning on the hot water I go to grab a towel from the closet, and when I walk in my whole life changes. Clothes. Everywhere. 

There were items for every occasion, long dresses, short dresses, pajamas, suits, jeans, everything a girl could dream of was in this closet, and in a small corner to my left when I walk in was a crown. I walk over toward it cautiously, as though a simple gust of air could break it. It was absolutely stunning, bright red diamonds adored the gold band, with smaller yellow stones surrounding it. I can't help but feel pride in my mate, he is a man that any girl would dream of but me. I smile slightly and finally walk away from the beauty that is the royal crown. 

I grab my towel and walk back to the bathroom with a small smile still on my face. that smile finally disappears when I realize I need to talk to Damien when I get out. Personally I can't wait Ostanda states in my head and I just sigh I hope he likes me He will love you Ostanda and that's the issue, I don't think I can love him back. 

So that's the 8th chapter I hope you like it, and before you think Orabelle is forgiving him just wait till you see the next chapter! Chapter 9 coming soon.