Chapter 2

"Welcome to our not a pack," Eric says as we walk into a clearing surrounded by trees. Small subtle cabins are everywhere, the space was big enough to only hold 50 members I'd guess. Eric begins pointing out different cabins and their function as we walk down a dirt trail. "How do you feel about meeting our Alpha?" He asks "I guess I should if I am going to be staying here for a while..." I trail off. "Great! Okay, so we should probably head to where most wolves train as that's where you can normally find him" He points to a section where the trail fades off further into the woods. I just nod in response as we start walking in the direction of the training grounds.

"How old are you?" I ask him while we walk in an attempt to avoid a horribly awkward silence. "I'm 21 what about you?" He asks me turning his head to look at me "I just turned 16" I respond his face to contorting into one of shock, "You're so young, no one should be out alone this young." He states still shocked by my age.

"Well yeah I got screwed over, so how long have you been apart of this group?"

"What is this 20 questions?" I shrug but urge him to continue and answer my question "Not too long probably around 3 years, wait no maybe 2 going on 3, I guess it's been so long I can't help but not remember" He laughs, making me giggle slightly. "Yeah, it's crazy how time flies, how did you find this place?" I ask the question that's been burning in my mind for hours.

"Well, it was more of how the Alpha found me" I nod my head urging him to continue on his story "I was hunting for food and around this time I'd been on my own for 2 months when Alpha R ran into me quite literally. We were both after this fat deer and I went to attack the same time he did and he ran right into me."

"How did you not smell him before?"

"I-well that's why I got kicked out of me pack" I shake my head not quite understanding what he's trying to tell me. "My senses they never properly developed my sight is okay but smell-I can smell just as good as a human basically. Its been getting better ever since I met my mate" He says smiling slightly. "Mate?" I say smiling, finding your mate is rare around here with little contact from other packs it's hard to find the one.

"I met her at a dinner, she was a waitress, and a rogue just like me, but it was her own choice. She's stunning, she has the brightest blue eyes and the softest blonde hair. A true beauty queen, I got lucky" His smile is so bright I can't help but smile at him, the thought of finding my mate excites me, I've always wanted one. Realistically I may never find him, my parents were two unmated wolves, they both never found their mates but they fell in love with each other.

"I am pretty sure I am the lucky one!" A voice shouts from behind us, I turn around to see a beautiful blonde girl walking down the path. Eric was not lying when he said this girl was stunning. Although he seemed to leave out how very pregnant she is. "Hi I'm Valerie and you are?" She says putting one hand on her stomach and the other out in front of her. "Hi I'm Orabelle," I say shaking her hand.

"I hope my mate wasn't bothering you too much" She giggles putting her now free hand on his shoulder. "No not at all he was taking me to the training grounds to meet Alpha A?" I question, "Alpha R but close enough" She laughs a contagious laugh that I have no choice but to join in.

"You guys are almost there mind if I join, this guy here hasn't been letting me do anything since he knocked me up," Valerie asks pointing her finger at Eric, I just nod my head and continue walking down the path with the now bickering mates. We finally make it to where the training grounds are after another 5 minutes and I can see around 25 men and women training, and in front of them, watching their every move was a tall brawny man with a scar going right over his brown eye.

"Ray!" Eric yells running over to where the scarred man stood, leaving me and Valerie standing off to the side. I see him saying a few things then pointing over to me before they start walking over to where we stand. When they get close enough Valerie bows her head saying her pleasantries and stepping aside with her mate.

"Nice to meet you Alpha R, I'm Orabelle," I say as he nods his head.

"I know, Eric told me the little information he knows about you." I nod my head looking down at the floor, I was always taught to never look an Alpha in the eyes as they could take that as a challenge for their position.

"Don't look down, I am no power-hungry Alpha" Alpha R states. I look up to meet his brown eyes.

"Are you interested in training?" Is the very first thing he asks me.

"I-I don't know, women were never allowed to train in my pack..." I trail off a stuttering mess, he just scoffs at my response.

"First, your OLD pack, they mean nothing to you now got it." I just nod my head too scared to respond "Second, then you are going to train and become the best you can be, understood?" He questions "Yes Alpha R"

"Good go back with Eric, and Valerie, they'll get your housing figured out and show you the schedule, everyone helps everyone here, but remember you can come and go as you please no one will hold you back, got it." I nod acknowledging him before heading over to where Eric and Valerie were. "Reading to learn more about our, not a pack?" Valerie asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be" 

And that's Chapter 2 once again let me know what you think! Until next time -M