Chapter 15

I open the door and see Eric sitting behind his desk with my mate across from him. My mate looks relaxed talking to Eric, its almost charming. Almost. 

They're talking about Lola, which doesn't surprise me. If there is one thing Eric can go on and on about it is his family. Eric is a wearing a bright smile as his eyes meet mine when I walk into the room. My mate notices the change in Erics gaze and his body turns to face me.

"Eric, I really need to speak to my mate." I state not yet making eye contact with Damien. 

"Right. Of course." Eric says as he pushes himself out of his seat and walks quickly to the door, shutting it behind him. I am now alone with my mate. 

"So darling, what is it you need to speak to me about." Are the first words Damien says to me while I make myself comfortable at Erics desk. My eyes scan over the papers and sadly I know what needs to be done. 

"We need to make a trade." This clearly peaks his interest as he moves from his comfortable position. Leaning forward he puts his elbows on his knees, folds his hands, and rests his chin against them. "A trade mate?" He questions.

"I feel like my statement was very clear, yes a trade." I scoff rolling my eyes at him. Men really never listen, my wolf Ostanda growling in agreement. 

"What kind of trade?" He asks and with this I sigh. My heart is heavy. But I know something has to change, I have to give my life up for the Not a Pack it is my Alpha duty. I reach forward grabbing the land claim put forth by Alpha Barret. I toss the paper to my mate and lean back. 

His eyes dance over the pages and recognition flies through them. He seems to quickly pick up on what I want to trade. 

"I will come with you if you cancel this land claim, and allow this to be free land for as long as you live." I look right into his eyes while I say this, and he smiles standing up. "You know after I accept a land claim I am not supposed to revoke it..." He trails off and my heart beats a bit faster. Our Not a Pack is strong but we could never withstand the force of Alpha Barrets army.

"But for you." My mate continues, "I would do anything." I smile slightly but I try not to let it show. It is the mate bond tugging at me, making me want him. "So we have a deal then?" I ask, looking up at my mate who has found his way directly in front of my chair. "Yes mate we do." He reaches out a hand to shake on our deal I presume. But when I grab it he pulls me up so I am standing directly against him. 

"Should we seal it with a kiss?" He whispers leaning in towards me and I feel as though my heart has skipped a million beats. I lean forward ever so slightly but when I feel his lips brush against mine I pull back coughing awkwardly. 

"I need to go pack, and inform everyone of the new situation." I explain stepping to the right of him to head towards the door. "I understand, we can leave in the morning." My mate says. 

As my hand grips the door knob I turn around once more. 

"If you so much as think about going back on your side of the deal, I will make your life a living hell." I attempt to say this in an Alphas tone, but this is nothing compared to a king, and he just laughs. 

"I am looking forward to it." 

Hey guys, you know what is so silly. I started this in 2018, and now its 2021 and I am a whole college student. I'm taking a creative writing course and I got a discouraging critique from a professor so I came here to write where I feel safe. I hope you enjoy this chapter.