Chapter 4

Present Day

After Alpha R's death my hatred for the King and his men grew, they act as though us rouges mean nothing, we're scum to them. Our rogue group has expanded exponentially with a now strenuous 200 members. With the stress of new members we had to expand territory and new hunting grounds that was around a year ago, but now we are happier than can be. Lola is now 6 and stronger than ever she takes after her dad greatly, although her beauty is similar to that of her mother. Eric has become a brother to me, and Valerie a sister, they mean everything to me. Without them I would become as cold hearted as the monster the packs call a King.

"Ora! Ora!" Lola shouted running toward me, her dad chasing behind her.

"Help me daddy's gonna get me!" She screams reaching her arms out laughing loudly.

She almost makes it to me but not before Eric grabs her by the waist spinning her around, throwing her over his shoulders. The site warms my heart but it's something I know I may never find. This not a pack is my life, my child, my love, and I will dedicate everything I have to it until the day I die. I can't even fathom a life without it.

"Now Eric is that the way you treat your fellow not a pack members?" I ask raising an eyebrow, he stops to look at me but he just smirks at me nodding his head and continuing to tickle Lola.

"Eric if you don't stop right now I'll tell Valerie about last week" That caught his attention as he immediately stops what he is doing and looks up at me. Last week Eric fell asleep doing paperwork when he was supposed to go home for date night. He told me to cover for him so I did, but we both know if Valerie found out he'd be sleeping on the couch for a month.

"You wouldn't" He says looking me right in my eyes, I just stare back giving him the answer with my eyes. He slowly drops Lola to the ground and she immediately runs over and hides behind my legs giggling slightly.

"Go back to your mom Lola, your dad and I have to go out hunting." She frowns at that but runs down the path to where her mom would be.

"You know I think you deserve a day off" Eric states walking by my side towards the trees. I just laugh at his statement he knows I would never, I care way to much about our members. Almost everyone who comes through here is friendly, sure we get the occasional lunatic but in the past 3 years we've probably only had one problem.

"I'm serious you know, tomorrow I am forcing you to take the day off whether you like it or not!" He states as we go behind the trees to change and shift.

He is right you know Ostanda states We deserve a break, maybe we could leave and go find our mate? My wolf asks, I scoff at the idea Are you crazy it would take us forever to find our mate, and we would be putting ourselves and this not a pack in danger, that is an awful idea.

I shift into my light grey, almost white wolf and come out from behind the trees. I glance over to where Eric stands his dark brown coat gleaming in the sunlight. I nod my head at him signaling him to prepare for a run. The best hunting grounds are 10 miles away, and that is where Eric and I are headed.

As we near our hunting grounds I spot a deer to Eric and I's right. He turns my way nodding as I nod back at him. We begin to take off after the dear when I feel a sharp pain on my side. My vision begins to blur and my body slows. I look at my stomach to see an injection I go to touch it but I just fall to the floor. My eyes shut. The world black.

That was chapter 4, let me know what you think!