Chapter 11

Orabelles POV:

The night is cold as I run back to my family, Eric, Valerie, Lola, and my not a pack. I can feel Ostandas pain deep in my underbelly while we run, she urges me to let her take control but I know better. She wants her mate. The mate I despise and will never love. Ostanda growls at the thought of us never loving our mate. If it was up to her we'd already be mated in his bed, but I refuse. Its as though she forgets the pain he caused us by killing Alpha R. He didn't kill Alpha R, his men did Ostanda argues but I push the thought aside. His men kill what they are trained to kill, they didn't kill Alpha R on a whim, they were trained to be ruthless toward rogues. What a silly fate for the Alpha King, I can't help but think. The thing he has hunted since the beginning of his rule is the very thing he has been punished to love. 

As we run I notice the familiar sent of pine and lavender as I push closer to the not a pack grinning ear to ear with my wolfie smile, all while Ostanda sulks in sorrow over the lost connection with our mate. I run past hundreds of trees until I notice the small wood houses that I helped build within the last year. Smiling I can't help but feel relieved. I made it home. My fellow not a pack members begin to rush towards me as a come to a stop laying in my wolf form at their feet. The join they feel acting like a warm blanket welcoming me home to my friends, family, and my only love, this not a pack. 

"Orabelle!" I hear Eric yell running out past the crowd of members staring at me in awe, no doubt in shock over my ability to escape my King mate. I lift my head and make eye contact with Eric, grinning once more finally feeling the comfort that being home brings me. 

"Come on let's get you some clothes" He says running a hand over my massive wolf head. I stand following him to my cabin which seems to be just as I left it. He runs inside quickly grabbing one of my change bags from the living room before coming back outside with it. 

"Here, run over behind that tree and change, I haven't told Valerie or Lola you're home and I bet they're dying to see you." Eric states while pointing to one of the large pine trees behind my cabin. I nod my head running over and shifting back into my human form, quickly putting on the clothes from the bag. I run back out to Eric and give him a huge hug, but I am quickly interrupted by a feminine voice "Come on now I don't think he deserves all the love." I look up and see Valerie standing there with Lola by her side. 

"Ora!" Lola yells running towards me and jumping into my arms. "Hey little one" I laugh putting her down and pulling Valerie into a tight embrace. 

"We've missed you so much" She whimpers in my shoulder. It feels so good to be back where I belong. "I've missed you more, and I have so much to tell you" I say rather nonchalant. 

"The kings your mate..." She trails off, and I nod. 

"Well come on Orabelle, lets get you some food and you can tell us everything." I smile at Eric silently thanking him for the suggestion. I haven't eaten in days probably, now that I think of it and just the thought of food is enough to make my stomach growl. 

"Lets go then, and I'll tell you everything." 

Okay lmao heyyyy, I'm back, I hope you guys enjoy this part. I swear I'll try and update more, I literally started this two years ago and now I'm in college isn't that wack. Okay well its good seeing you guys I hope you liked this chapter!