Chapter 13

My mate stands about 25 yards in front of me and Eric towering over the men behind him. He has a devilish look in his eyes that is filled with anger as he stares Eric and I down. 

"Orabelle" He growls his eyes flashing gold, his wolf clearing edging to come to the surface. "Come here." He requests reaching out his hand. I laugh at the comical request. 

"Why yes sweet mate after running away let me return to you so simply" I state sarcastically I can hear Eric stifle a laugh behind me which causes my mates golden brown eyes to snap over to him. I feel a wave of anger come from what must be the mate bond, it strikes fear in my heart for Eric. 

"Damien." I state calmly, but his eyes don't shift from Eric whose standing only a few feet from my side. 

"Get away from my mate" Damien growls his body clearly on the edge of shifting. Orabelle I'm not so sure about leaving your side with him like this I hear Eric state through our mind link. My mate seems to grow more and more on edge with every second that passes. Just go back a bit give us some space you know I can handle my own I say through our link edging Eric to leave us for his own sake. I can't do that Orabelle who knows what he'll do to you He continues on but the impatiences seems to get to my mate as he shifts quickly into his wolf at what could only be described as the speed of light. 

I shift so I can protect Eric, jumping at my mate in my wolf form tackling the clearly much larger wolf to the ground. Get out of here I call to Eric through the link, finally understanding the gravity of the situation Eric runs back towards our not a pack. My mate and I begin to wrestle for control of our fight when he flips us over so he is on top of my wolf. Ostanda feeling the sheer power of our mate submits to his strength and goes limp beneath him outstretching our large neck in submission. 

Our mate clearly enjoying this moment nuzzles his large wolfish head into our neck, my wolf reciprocating this act of affection by nuzzling further into the fur of our mate. I quickly take back control from my wolf shifting beneath my mate, now completely nude under his massive wolf body. He growls to the guards as his eyes glaze over clearly telling them not to look. 

"If we go behind those trees over there the not a pack keeps spare clothes." I state pointing toward three large trees that stand only a few yards away. My mate nods his large head and walks with me over toward the trees. He stands tall doing his best to cover my body from any potential onlookers, but he can't seem to resist a peak himself as he glances to the left of his fur covered body to get a look. 

I elbow his ribs next to me "No peeking" I state scoffing at his wolfish grin. We get to the trees and I hear my mate shift next to me putting on the extra clothes that are left in a dark black bag beneath the trees. 

We both walk out from behind the trees and my mate seems satisfied with my body completely covered. "So mate are you ready to come back with me" He smiles. I scoff at the thought, we just went through all of that and he thinks I'll just go back so easily. 

"Damien, I'm not leaving I have my family here. That man you seemed to think was a threat to you is a mated wolf, he's like my brother, his mate is like my sister, and their daughter is like niece. I love them I'm not leaving them." I explain urging him to understand. 

"But I could be your family Orabelle, we could have our own family!" Damien exclaims, it sends a chill down my spine in all honesty. My own family, a mate, children, it would be so nice to be surrounded with that love, but at what cost? I promised Alpha R I would take over, I would be the best Alpha I could be, and Alphas our selfless. I can't give this up for a mate who killed my father figure. Before I get a chance to respond I hear a tiny voice yelling my name. 

I look past my mate and see Lola running toward me with her father chasing after her close behind but she makes it to me first jumping into my arms giggling. Her father stopping in his tracks when he gets to me, theres fear in his eyes but not for himself it is for his daughter. My mate now knowing who Eric is turns toward him. Eric shifting his feet getting in a stance ready to shift.

"My name is Damien" He states reaching out his hand toward Eric. Erics eyes shift toward me clearly confused I just nod in reassurance and look toward my mates extended hand. Eric meets Damien half way shaking his hand in return. "My name is Eric, and in your mates arms is my daughter Lola." My mate nods looking back at me with the little girl in my arms, and he looks at me in a way I've never seen anyone look at me, its almost how Eric looks at Valerie. 

I'm taken out of my thoughts by Lola whispering in my ear "Mommy is done with dinner and I came to get you and maybe you could invite your big friend to come too! We could all have dinner together mommy made a ton of food!" Lola rambles, and I think over my options, my mate and I need to speak, perhaps dinner wouldn't be so bad. 

"Damien." I state lowering Lola to the ground. 

"Yes mate?" He questions. 

"Would you like to stay for dinner to discuss our predicament?" I state, and my mates eyes light up. "Don't think much of it mate I still don't want to come with you." I continue and disappointment radiates across him. 

He sighs "Yes, let us have dinner."