Chapter 6

The walk back to the hotel was quiet but nice, the sun was setting over the river and the beautiful lights hidden amongst the trees illuminated the stone pathway. 

"You hungry?" Harper asked, "I know this cute little restaurant just around the corner from here, they do THE best spaghetti, you've gotta try it!" How do you say no to somebody whose just spent over $1800 on you? You don't.

"Yeah a little, that sounds perfect". I'm glad I decided on bringing my coat, the temperature had dropped at least another twelve degrees since leaving the store and the wind had almost become unbearable. We arrived at a small italian restaurant called "Portobella", it was quaint and old but had the most beautiful structure about it. The walls were braided with carvings of plaster and the detail amongst the windows was implausable. The waiters were authentic Italian and you could tell they had been working amongst this business for a long time.

We were seated right next to the small fire and I couldn't have been happier with that decision, Harper ordered us both a glass of the chefs special wine and a serving of bruschetta, ensuring me that I wouldn't be dissapointed in her decision.

"So Luca, why did you decide to take this job in London? I'm assuming you would've had the option on staying or going, why did you decide to pick up and move across the globe? The delivery of her question was unavoidable and I began thinking about my response.

"Well, I sort of figured it was time for a change, I had been stuck in the same place for over seventeen years and for me personally I knew exactly what I wanted in life and I knew I couldn't achieve that staying in Australia, so I decided to give London ago. That was the first time I had actually stopped to think about the whole decision to move, it happened so quickly that I hadn't really given why, much thought. Our meals came out and the rest of the night was involved in conversation. I found out that Harper was the managing director and writer of the incredibly popular column Ask H and that she moved here when she was seventeen. She initially wanted to work as an actress and thought she could catch her big break over here, however that didn't work out, so she became a journalist instead. She laid herself out like a book in front of me, letting me pick and choose from different chapters that ultimately made her who she is today. 

I decided to cover the bill in a small step to repaying Harper for the dress. 

"I definitely believe you now, that was the best spaghetii I have ever tried, very impressed with your judgement on Italian foods", I playfully said. 

The mixture between the food coma we were both about to fall into and the minus twenty-five degree temperature had us both on the side of the curb reeling for a cab, although the walk was short, it was not something we both intended on doing. The time difference and lack of sleep began to set in and I couldn't be more excited to finally get into bed. Harper and I exchanged phone numbers at dinner and I decided to send her a quick text thanking her once again for today. I propped my phone up on the side dresser and almost fell asleep instantly. 

The next day consisted of sleeping and catching up on my emails.

I decided to do my own hair and make-up for the event as I didn't really see the point in spending a huge amount of money when chances are I would come home and re-do it myself anyways. I went with a black smokey eye and a red lip with my hair just straightened and pinned to the side. The black gown looked even better on then I remembered and I was actually quite excited for what the night had in stall. Harper told me to meet her down in the lobby of the hotel at eight fifteen, where our chaparoned car would await to take us to the venue. 

Harper had an elegant royal blue dress, which sat immaculatly on her figure, her hair was similar to mine however she had lose curls intertwining her blonde locks and a dark purple lip. I commented on her outfit and recieved very little response back. The atmosphere on the way to the Palace seemed thick and awkward, sort of like we weren't comfortable with each others company, Harper seemed to have held back on the personality that I had gotten to know over the past 24 hours  and I wasn't really sure why?