Chapter 5

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Trust me it gets really good in the next few chapters please stick around! :) 

We stepped out into the chilly evening air and this time I didn't mind it, in fact I welcomed it with open arms, embracing every moment from now that wasn't being spent in an office. Harper hadn't given me any clues as to were we were headed, but for some reason I trusted her judgement. Something about the confidence in which she presented herself with was contagious, it made you instantly feel better about yourself just by standing near her. We walked along the cement pavement lining the river and I couldn't help but smile, maybe it was something in the air or maybe something inside of me changed at that moment but I felt different, I felt content, like all of the bad experiences could be forgotten. A twenty year old girl with nothing somehow now had everything, that concept I couldn't wrap my head around, but I was more then happy to spend some time trying.

"This is it!" Harper bellowed, I could literally feel the excitement beaming off her face.

We stepped inside and handed our coats to the lady at the counter. Harpers jacket was noticeably expensive, thick brown leather, ruffled with a beautiful fur trimmed neckline, whatever her position at Confession was it was undeniably important.  

"Now ladies how can I be of assistance for you?" asserted the shop keeper, her voice had so much age about it, her accent sounded as if she had experienced a lot in her life, it was really something.

"My friend here is looking for a dress, something to wear to an event tomorrow night, simple but classy. It has to say "look at me" but not in a slaggy way.

"Right, may I take your measurements darling? I think we have something that could suit your figure wonderfully." The shop keeper asked. 

I hesistantly stepped closer to her and she began wrapping the long thin tape around my waist, thighs and bust, althought I wasn't overly comfortable with the process I remembered I had nothing else to wear and decided to just go with it.

"Ah yes, I have just the perfect gown for you"

While I waited for the assistant to return with the dress I looked around to find Harper holding several different articles of clothing up to her slim figure, mixing and matching different colours and tones. I was inevtiably envious of her tall figure, she had the most petite waist and would look incredible in anything she tried on. My figure was much fuller, bigger hips, bigger thighs and unfortunately bigger tits, something that most women would love but I consider to be a misfortune. They've always been a burden in my life ever since I was young, I remember when all the boys at school started watching porn and all of their asshole hormones began kicking in, the comments that they would make to me about my breasts were disgusting, something that I had no control over somehow seemed to put me in the firing arm for others. From that point on I hated them.

Just as Harper was asking my opinion on how she looked in a pair of skinny tight sued jeans, the lady returned with my dress. Funnily enough it was black, a colour I am very familiar with and a colour I feel very comfortable in. I took the gown into the change room and began putting it on.

It was strapless with a beautiful beaded breast plate across the front, tight around the waist, before flowing out around the hips. The gown was floor length however had a narrow slit straight up the side stopping just after the mid thigh. I felt beautiful in it, it was sexy but also sophisticated. I decided to step out of the change rooms and the look on both ladies faces reconfirmed my thoughts. I paired the dress with a beautiful pair of black Louis Vuitton heels and a clutch. I felt incredible.

"She'll take it", Harper pled.

The dress was sixteen hundred dollards and very far out of my price range, not to mention the added additions of the accessories and shoes, I mean I don't even have a place to live yet, let alone have the cash to throw around a sixteen hundred dollar dress. 

"It's extremely beautiful and I really do love it but I don't think I can afford it, you don't have anything similar in a lower price range" I explained, a little embarrassed. 

"No that is it darling, i'm sorry, you will have to try elsewhere for something cheaper", her voice was no longer something I enjoyed listening too, the judgement that was now in her tone was demanding and rude and I knew she was angry for wasting her time.

I headed back into the change rooms, I should've known that dress was too good to be true, i'll probably end up going in a fucking potato sack. I knew i shouldn't have agreed to go this event. 

I'm not one to walk aimlessly around shops trying things on so I decided I would just tell Harper that I wasn't feeling well and that i'd like to go back to the hotel and i'd skip the event, surely it wasn't that important. As I came out of the fitting rooms, there stood Harper the girl I met less then an hour ago, holding a Lucy Sky dress bag with the black gown in it. 

"You need to look your best tomorrow night, everyone whose anyone is going to be there and you need to make a statement, this dress makes a statement." 

Please vote x