Chapter 13

Hey lovers, I hope you've all had an amazing day! Sorry for updating a little late, i've been working heaps and couldn't get motivated to write, but I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

"I'll take it," I confidently confirmed while trancing around the hardwood floors, the interior was gorgeous, white walls and elegant finishings, it was exactly what I was looking for. I figured I only needed something small enough for myself so this two bedroom, one bathroom apartment was simply perfect. The agent handed me the contract and highlighted the areas that I needed to sign.

"The owners have moved to New York so you're therefore able to move in whenever it suits you, within the 6 week probation period," the agent discussed, the whole situation was such a liberating feeling, knowing that I now had my own place made everything seem far more real and only made me more ambitious for success. I was told that it would take three to four working days to process the paperwork and recieve the keys so until then, the hotel it was.

I exited the apartment and took in my new surroundings, the gorgeous park directly in front of the building block was filled with families and children all enjoying the environment, the traffic was minimal and it was only a short drive to the inner city were Confession was located, I couldn't have been happier with the decision. Something about the park seemed so inviting, the people, the trees, the air, it just screamed tranquility and to be honest that was definitely something I was looking for in my life. I decided to take a stroll along the edge of the river bank lining the grass, the weather had cleared up significantly and the way the sun reflected off the water was so beautiful.

I sat down on a small bench just opposite the water and the events of last night began to uncoil in my mind. I had managed to shut his face out of my head for the past couple of hours however he was now all I could think about, the way he opened up to me was unbelievable and I managed to tell him things that I hadn't told anyone in years, not to mention the fact that he didn't even try to sleep with me after all of it. As many times as I tried to deny it from myself, there was something about this guy that I liked, his personality was captivating and I wanted more. 

I pulled out my phone and searched for his name in my contacts, 

Harry is the bestest - was the name he had put himself under. 

I let out a small puff of air from my nose in amusement and clicked the text message button. I'll just message him saying hey, that doesn't seem desperate or needy does it? I typed out the word, contemplating how many e's and y's to put in. After re-writing every possible lettering of the word hey, I sat staring at the screen debating whether or not to click send. 

"Send it," the voice next to me blurted, how did this person manage to sit down without me even noticing? I sat my body upright and faced the stranger, he was an incredibly interesting looking man, his hair shaved all along the base of his head, while the middle was pushed up and flipped over to one side, his face was long and skinny, caushing his chiseled jaw line to be conspicious. The cigarette in his hand added to his all black look and the way in which his body responded to the colour was unbelievable. 

"You scared the hell out of me, how long have you been sitting there?" I warily asked the stranger.

"Not long, but long enough to know that you're worried about what will happen if you send whatever it is on your phone, just send it." His accent was thick but a different sort of thick to Harry's and the way that the cigarette smoke lapsed around his mouth while he spoke was fascinating.

"I wasn't sending anything, I was just looking at some photos really closely thanks," my reply was snarky and short and I quickly pressed send before slipping my phone back into my coat pocket.

"I'm Matty, sorry for scaring you," he offered out the box of cigarettes as his way of introducing himself and let out a small smirk from his lips.

"Luca and no thanks," denying his request.

"So why are you sitting out here on a park bench all alone Luca?" Matty queried.

"Well if you have to know, I just bought an apartment and I saw this park across the road and thought i'd go and have a look around and then I got tired and decided to sit down and then you somehow managed to be sitting next to me," I babbled, watching as he dropped his cigarette on the floor, heeling the remaining lit butt into the cement,  the small smirk had now formed into a smile and he had turned his body around to face the back of the chair.

"Those apartments up there?" He pointed.

"Thats the one" His curiosity now getting the better of me.

"We're neighbours, I live in 3B on the second level and for your information this is a public park and a public bench seat so I have every right to come and sit next to you." His body still facing the other way only now he was lighting up a second cigarette.

"You know smokings really bad for you," I nagged. Something about cigarettes turned me off, alcohol, drugs, you name it, i'll do it, just smoking never appealed to me.

"So is just about everything else and besides you've been sitting here for fifteen minutes and chances are you've inhaled enough smoke to have had your own, so you may as well love." 

I stood up and purposely coughed away the hefty vapour that was now being blown in my direction, "well it was lovely meeting you, i'm sure i'll see you around the area sometime," I sarcastically chirped before heading back to the road, I signalled for a taxi and to my luck a small black cab swerved to the curb. I told the driver the address of the hotel and pulled out my phone from my coat pocket.

No reply.

So if you didn't recognize by my description, Matty is based on the actual Matt Healy from the 1975 my favourite band in the world and if you haven't heard them do yourself a favour and go and listen or just google a picture of him, type in matt healy smoking and the fourth photo is what i based him on!  he's fucking amazing! Remember to vote and follow me on twitter -madisonhigs xxxxxxxxxx