Chapter 21

The hustle of Soho was nothing like central London, it almost felt like people here were in their own worlds, absentmindedly going about their business with no attention to anything around them, I automatically felt at ease with the place. 

The large antique wooden door was perched open when we arrived and I stepped through first, we were welcomed by the pungent smell of alcohol and cigarettes and I instantly scrunched my nose up as the odour swamped me. Harry pointed out to a table located at the back of the room, two large stools propped up around a small bar counter, we somehow made it through the crowd of people, Harry remaining unrecognized and uniterupted. 

"Want a drink?" Harry asked, removing his green trenchcoat and placing it around the shoulders of the chair. 

"Waters fine thanks," I watched as Harry approached the bar, nobody could care less that he was here, in this moment Harry was just another person, he wasn't famous, he wasn't celebrated, he was just an ordinary guy getting a drink just like everybody else, a small smile crept upon my face as I watched him hand over the bill, politely thanking the waiter and returning to our table, it felt like a fresh start, almost like we were meeting for the first time, under different circumstances. 

The pub was gorgeous, large wooden floor boards decked out the ground, with a variety of different shaded cladding surrounding the windows, paintings and ornaments were hung around the walls and the delicate chandeliers hanging from the roof were just light enough to make out the small stage towards the front of the room. I could feel myself getting lost in the history of this place, every feature holding a story of it's own, a message or a special memory to somebody. An elderly couple occupied the table next to Harry and I and I watched them intently, they reminded me so much of my grandparents, the quaint old lady was immaculetly dressed, rings and beautiful bracelets laced her arms, her hair rolled into perfect coils. They conversed about the painting that was hung above them, a print that I recognized all too well. A soldier stood before his wife, embracing her in the most passionate way, it was titled "Kissing The War Goodbye", two lovers reunited after such hardship, I couldn't help but think about the times in my loungeroom as a thirteen year old, listening to the conversations of love and passion, even after fifty years together they still reminded me of the young couple in the photo. 

"Testing, testing," An amplified voice spoke into the microphone, four band members joined Matt on stage and the name of their band splashed across the drumkit - The 1975.

The large crowd clapped and whistled as Matt set himself up, positioning the stool to the centre of the stage, before crossing his legs over one another, cigarette in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other. 

"So which ones your neighbour, is it the one with the hair?" Harry whispered, slight sarcasm behind his remark.

"Yeah thats him, it actually looks quite similar to yours, how funny." I mocked, keeping my eyes focused on the band to reitterate my rebutle. 

"You look really lovely tonight Luca," Harry resting my hand on his knee before entangling our fingers together.

I focused my attention on Harry's green eyes, taking in his features, I don't really know how we got here but it felt really nice, I mouthed a simple thank you and gave his hand a small squeeze. 

"Thanks for coming tonight, i'm Matty and we're The 1975," his thick accent lining the walls of the room and captivating the attention of everybody. "The first song we will playing tonight is called Sex, we hope you enjoy." I took a sip of my water and watched Matty closely as the rhythmic sounds of the guitar and drums came together to create a mysteriously beautiful sound. 

I was instantly blown away at the sound of his voice, it was unlike anything I had ever heard before, his thick accent shone through as the lyrics rolled off his tongue.

"Now were on the bed in my room and i'm about to fill his shoes,

But you say no, you say no,

Does he take care of you, or could i easily fill his shoes."

This was the first time I had sat and let lyrics completely resinate in my mind, maybe it was because they were smart and logical and also relatable i'm not really sure but something about their music had me completley captivated and it felt like everything around me had stopped, allowing Matty's voice to fill all of the blanks. Song after song was played and I found myself still so fascinated by this band, my hand remained laced around Harry's and I could tell he was just as impressed with these guys as I was, their raw emotion and talent spilling out into everyone around. 

After an hour and a half of pure musical genious, their gig was coming to a close, Harry had shuffled his chair closer to mine by the time the last song had rolled around and was now holding my waist, his hand sat comfortably around my hip and my soul was singing out in a euphoric state, in this moment I felt content, almost like I could breath again for the first time in a really long time.

"We'd like to finish tonights perfomance with our last song of the night, this song is really close to my heart and personally one of my favourite on the album, this is Robbers."

Now if you never shoot you'll never know

And if you never eat, you'll never grow

You've got a pretty kind of dirty face

And when she's leaving your home she's begging you, "stay, stay, stay, stay, stay."

I'll give you one more time

We'll give you one more fight

Said one more line

Be a riot, cause I know.

The lyrics caused my chest to ache, it was almost like my body had done a complete three sixty, only minutes ago I was in a complete state of ecstasy and now I was doubting every decision I had made in the past forty-eight hours, all because of one melodic tune, I wriggled uncomfortably in my seat and felt Harry's grip loosen, before dropping back to his knee. The words signified everything I was afraid of, everything I had instilled in myself growing up. "Will I know you?" 

Sorry it's a short chapter I just wanted to updat, so I could sort of show you guys were I was at with Luca's mental stability as such, I highly highly highly recommend listening to robbers while you read this chapter, I did and it made me feel like I was actually in the situation and what not! The last line "will I know you" is really important so keep that in mind and it's also a line in Robbers so yeah hope you enjoyed and I promise next chapter will be a super long one :) Please vote lovelies! xxxxx