Chapter 11

"The news is loving you guys." Hill's voice rang through the jet, "Nobody else has. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Dad asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's-" Dad began.

"We took a hit. We'll shake it off." I interrupted dad from saying anything.

"Well, for now I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria's voice sounded concerned.

"So, run and hide?" Dad looked at the screen on which Maria face-called us.

"Until we find Ultron, I don't have a lot less to offer." Maria looked at me with a heavy gaze.

"Neither do we." I told her and rubbed my hand over my face.

I went to a seat next to Clint's seat while dad sighed and requested, "Wanna switch?"

"Nah, I'm good." Clint shrugged.

"If you wanna get some rest, now's a good time." I added, not wanting to die in a plane crash just because the pilot was tired. I'm too vain for that.

"No, if you wanna get some rest, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out." Clint glanced at me and flipped a switch.

"A few hours from where?" Dad asked, raising his eyebrows in confusion.

"A safe house." Clint replied, and the conversation was over.

Dad sat beside me and requested, "Go get some sleep, honey. You did work hard."

"Nah, I'm okay. It's just..." I trailed off.

"What? What's bothering you?" His expression became guarded.

I thought for a while, but decided against to tell him, "Nothing, just hungry."

"Well, you gotta wait, then." Dad chuckled, "Hopefully there'll be some food in this safe house."

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Oh, and, honey? Ultron mentioned 'boyfriend' back at the-" He crossed his arms.

"Dad! Harry's just a friend! I honestly don't know how Ultron knows him? Or Voldemort, for that matter!" I blushed at the thought of Harry as my boyfriend.

"Ultron knows more about us than we know about each other." Dad solemnly said.

"Right." I said, awkwardly, as Clint chuckled in the front seat.

●●●

We had landed when the sun was in the sky, and when I could take any more of it sitting in the jet. The moment the plane touched the ground, I ran out into the fresh air.

"Better." I breathed in and looked at our surroundings. There was a small house a few metres away from the jet, and it looked quite calm. I looked at the sky and squinted at the sun as the rays touched my skin. You see, since I was raised in a forest - Camp Half-Blood - I've always gotten used to nature and all things outdoor. So, if I stay in a closed area for a long time, I go crazy.

The team got out of the plane and walked towards the shelter. I helped Clint in carrying Nat, because she still hasn't recovered from the mind-control and the visions she had seen.

"What is this place?" Thor broke the silence as we reached the porch.

I turned and looked at him, while I rolled my eyes, "A safe house."

Thor made a face, like, 'Yeah, no kidding.'

"Honey? I'm home!" Clint called out, and my eyes widened as I saw a beautiful, young woman with brown hair, who seemed to be Clint's age, and...pregnant.

"Hi. Company, sorry didn't call ahead." Clint apologised as the young lady kissed and hugged him.

I stood awkwardly next to dad, who said, "This is an agent of some kind."

I nudged him in the side to tell him to shut up; he just shrugged.

"Gentlemen, and Alex, this is Laura." Clint introduced.

"I know all of you names." She chuckled awkwardly.

I smiled as dad next to me waved. From somewhere to my left, I heard footsteps approaching us.

"Ooh, incoming." Clint warned, as he made his way towards the sound.

"Dad!" A young girl called out.

"Hey, sweetheart! Hey, buddy! How are you doing?" He took the girl in his arms and hugged the boy.

Steve looked honestly surprised, while dad continued, "These are smaller agents."

I ignored him and looked at the kids. They looked genuinely happy to see their father. A sad smile made a way to my face as Clint said, "Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!"

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The girl asked and I looked at Nat with an open mouth. She knew!?

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha walked to the girl, who jumped up and hugged her.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve looked around.

"Yeah, we should've called, but we were busy and had no idea you existed." Dad crossed his arms.

"Well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D's files. I'd like to keep it that way. I fugured it's a good place to keep low." Clint looked wrapped his arm around Laura.

While Nat spoke to the family, I heard a scrunching sound next to me.

Thor lifted his foot and I tried not to laugh at what Thor's weight did to the Legos on the floor. He looked around incase anyone saw him and quietly pushed it under the sofa with his feet.

I shook my head as Clint's daughter came to a stop infront of Thor and looked at him. Thor either got creeped out or remembered something, because just as the toaster popped, Thor left, Steve following.

I shrugged at their odd behaviour and looked at the girl, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Lila." She look on top at me as her eyes twinkled with innocence.

"Nice to meet you, Lila. I'm Alex." I grinned at her as I knelt down to be eye level with her.

"Why are those men dressed like clowns?" She giggled, referring to Thor and Steve.

"Because they used to work in a circus, they just got fired." I smiled, "Oh, and speaking of dressings, why don't you show me your doll collection? I'm pretty sure you have one, right?"

Her eyes twinkled in anticipation as she took my hand and led me to her room.