Chapter 5

Living in the Avengers Tower was amazing. The food, the rooms, everything mesmerized me. But knowing that your father has some secret iron suits stacked in the basement, makes me sort of scared for him and also cool. My time at the Tower was usually spent with Cap and Banner, who told me about the aliens (Chitani? Chitauri?) who invaded the city and blah, blah.

What was even more surprising was that no Greek monster attacked me. No empousi, no Kindly Ones. No one attacked the Tower. When I had told that to Tony, he just let out a hearty laugh and said, "Your mum has got that all covered."

Yeah, like that solved my question.

When it had become the second day of my stay in the Tower, Tony was finally satisfied at the thought of taking me along with the Avengers to retrieve the sceptre, he also stated that I needed a 'costume' for the mission.

At night, just after I brushed my teeth to go to bed, Natasha burst into my room, with a smirk with a bag of clothes in her hands.

"Your father has given me the permission to help you chose a outfit, that is perfect as a hero, for the mission. Let's get started!!" She squealed, dumping the bag on my bed.

"Okay, but-" I began, but she cut me off.

"I think this one will do just fine." She said, showing me a sort of jumper, which was entirely black, and looked too small for my size.

"Nat-"

"No, this doesn't look good, you'll look like my twin if you wore this." She tutted.

She kept showing me more stuff, and I didn't even get the chance to shut her up.

I snapped my fingers, which made the lights flicker, "Yes, Alex?" She asked, totally not affected by what happened, still going through the pile of clothes.

"Nat, stop, we daughters of Hecate like to keep it simple. I'd rather wear some jeans and a simple t-shirt, really." I told him.

"Huh," Natasha looked at me blankly, then pulled out some black jeans, and a lavender-coloured tank top. She looked at it carefully, then digging back into the pile of clothes, pulled out a black leather jacket.

"How about this?" She grinned.

"Not bad, not bad." I muttered, taking the clothes from her and examining it.

"I think black boots will do good on it." She suggested.

I hummed in response, and Nat's grin grew wider, "You love it, don't ya?"

I nodded, as a smile began to make itself to my face.

"Anyway, we have to go for the mission early morning, so get ready and don't oversleep. I may come to wake you up." She said, hugging me.

Nat and I grew really close since my first day at the Tower.

"Night!" She waves and grabs the bag of clothes and leaves.

"Night..." I called back.

I laid my clothes on the sofa nearby and looked outside the window. The entire city was lit with lights, I felt a little...homey? I don't know, but I felt like I belonged here. Maybe Stark wasn't that bad, and probably regretted his past mistakes about sending me to the orphanage. But, that didn't change the fact that I would start calling him 'Dad'.

I pull the blinds to close the window and slowly crawl into my bed, and snap my fingers. The light goes off, and my room is plunged into darkness.

Again, I'm in the same place where I last saw my mother Hecate. The sky is the exception. It was evening, it looked like; the sky was a mixture of yellow, orange and a tint of red.