Chapter 9

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out; he used the internet as a escape edge." Bruce said.

"Ultron..." Steve commented.

"He's been in everything, files, surveilance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha looked at each one of us, after going through her computer.

Rhodes, who was clutching his arm, began, "He's in your files, he's in the internet, but if he decides to access a little more exciting-"

Hill answered, "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes." Rhodey repeated, "Look, we need to make calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes? He said he wanted you guys dead-" Natasha said.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve said, firmly.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint put in.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." I told the others.

"Yes, there was." Tony made his way to the centre of the room, and flicked his phone, and some weird orange mass like thing appeared. Jarvis. Well, at least it was Jarvis.

Bruce took a step closer and spread his hands, "This is insane."

Steve crossed his arms, "Jarvis was the first line of defence. You wanna shut Ultron down, it makes sense."

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is rage." Bruce observed.

Thor suddenly came from behind and strolled towards Tony, with a face of anger.

"Whoa, whoa, it's going around." Clint remarked.

Thor clutched Tony by the neck and pulled him in the air.

"I have more than enough words to describe you Stark." Thor said, as he clutched Dad harder.

"Thor, let him go!" I exclaimed.

"Thor, the Legionnaire!" Steve reprimanded.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles, in the North, and it has the sceptre." Thor looked at Dad accusingly, "Now we have to retrieve it again."

"Genie's out of the bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat looked at Thor.

"I don't understand," Dr. Cho's voice rang through the room, "You built this programme, why is it trying to kill us?"

I raised an eyebrow at Stark in explanation, who turned to the nearby table, chuckling to himself, as Bruce shook his head.

"Do you find this funny, Dad?" I looked at him, frustrated.

"No, it's probably not, right?" He smiled at me, as I scrunch my eyebrows, "This is very terrible. This is so, it's so-"

Thor stepped infront, "This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand!"

"No, I'm sorry," He glared at me, "It is funny. It's you who doesn't get why we need-"

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time-" Bruce interrupted.

"Really?" Tony exclaimed, "That's it? You just roll over and show your belly everytime somebody snarls-"

"Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce fired back.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. When we close to an interface-"

"Well, you did something right and you did it right here. The Avengers were suppose to be different than-" Steve said, his voice full of accusation.