Chapter 7

On hearing that Thor was leaving the Avengers, Dad decided to throw a party. I wasn't sure if he put up this party because he was happy that Thor was leaving or whether he would really miss Thor, and wanted to have his memories of this party as Thor's last.

While the preparations for the party was going on, Dad and Bruce were having secret meetings in the lab, and I wasn't allowed there. Goodness knows what those science buddies must be doing. I never liked studying anyway, but studying magic was always a fun experience, and it was easy for me because being dyslexic, I knew how to read Greek, Roman, etc.

Just a day after the mission, which was successful, I got a letter from an owl, that was hitting itself on the window pane and looked extremely tired. I had opened the window to let it in, and it collapsed straight in my piles of clothes on my bed. It was a brown owl, and I immediately recognised it at Pig. It had a letter in its beak.

I took it from the owl, and snatched a galleon from my table (yes, I still had them) and gave it to Pig, who paid no attention to it, still laying tired on my bed. Giving it a look of pity, I summoned a bowl and muttered, "Aguamenti." Water poured into the bowl, and Pig quickly stood up and made his way to the bowl.

I tore open the letter, just to find three sheets of paper in them. I opened the first one, which had a beautiful cursive handwriting that I immediately recognised.

Dear Alex,

You're probably wondering why I took so long to send you an owl. And it's not only because of the distance. You know how lazy Ronald is. I sent him this letter, to send it to you, because Ron had told me that he would be sending you a letter. I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, I hope you're doing good. I hope your 'father' has been treating you well. Merlin, he looked so evil when he dressed up that way to pick you up from the station. But, again, that's what egotistical and 'I-gave-my-child-away' parents do.

Did you know that Bill is getting married to Fleur? I know right? FLEUR DELACOUR! They barely even know each other!! How have you been holding up with Sirius' death? I hope you have gotten over.

Okay, I'm not gonna make this letter long, but, I expect a long one from you. I will be goimg to the Weasley's after a week or so, so send me the reply letter to that address. I miss you alot. I love you!

Hermione.

'How have you been holding up with Sirius' death?'  To be honest, I completely forgot about it. Tony and Sirius are so much alike, it's hard to hate Tony: they have the almost same looks, both were flirty and playboys, and both have an amazing sense of humour, although Tony's mostly includes innuendos.

I opened the second paper and it was a mixture of various handwritings:

Dear Alex,

Hey, this is Ron! How are you doing? I hope you're fine in New Fork City. It's bloody crowded out there, Hermione told me. Sorry for all the late letters, Alex. And it wasn't just me, the entire family decided to write on this one sheet of paper. I miss you loads. Please come and visit us soon.

Hey, Alex, it's Mr. Weasley. Ron told me you live in New Fork City. It's crowded, he told me. Heard there's alot of Muggle things, yes? I was wondering-

and the words after those were cancelled, but, I swear I could see, if you could get us something Muggle-worthy when you come back.

I shook my head. Typical Mr. Weasley and continued,

- when you're going to come back. Do visit us soon!

Hello, dear. This is Mrs. Weasley. How are you? Is your father treating you well in America?You probably might join Ilvermony. Do join it, it is the second best wizarding school in the world. Anyway, take care, Alex. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask us. I love you! I miss you loads.