"I drew you something, " Will says as he hands me the piece of paper with a drawing of a girl and a guy. "But I'm not yet finished with it, " Will says as he grabs the paper from my hand and tries to climb down the bed as I watch him walk towards the couch where Noah is.

My dad grabs a vacant chair and pulled it towards the bed. As soon as he was satisfied with his chosen spot, he sat down and faced me. "How are you feeling?" he asks. I gave him a look without saying anything.

He knows that I am still mad about their engagement. 4 months have passed about me, knowing about their relationship and their engagement and up to this day, I'm still mad at him. I know he didn't know and he fell in love but, there are millions of girls out there and he chose to fall in love with Hailey's mom.

"Are you still mad at me for not telling you about the engagement?" He asks me as I look at him blankly without uttering a word. "Cayden--"

"You know what makes me madder? Its the fact that you kept your engagement from me and you keep on acting that you didn't know that I was dating Hailey and that you also knew that it was her mom."

"Cayden, I really have no idea that you and Hailey were dating and I have no intentions of keeping the engagement from you. It's just, you found out about it sooner, " He says as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And when were you planning on telling it? When Hailey and I decided to break up?" I questioned him as he shakes his head as I look away from him. "You know, ever since you dated her mom. Everything turned into chaos."

"I'm sorry, Cayden. I know that it is all my fault just don't blame Hailey's mom into this. This is all me," He says.

"Yes! It's all you! It's your fault!" I screamed at him. I see Noah and Will looking at us as Noah covers Will's ears. I let an exhausted sigh and closed my eyes for a few seconds, I opened up my eyes and looked at my dad.

"Just leave," I said as I looked away from him. I wanted to spit the pride that I have swallowed. I acted this way because of love and I never knew that love would turn me into someone so cruel and cold.

"I sincerely apologize for everything. I hope you can forgive me for everything that I have done, " My dad says, "Come on, Will. It's time to go home, your brother needs to rest."

I watch Will run towards the door. I didn't look behind me until I heard the door shut. I turn around and just looked at the door. I can see that from the corner of my eye, Noah stands up from the couch.

"This has gone too far, bro. You don't have to blame your father all the time about what has happened between you and Hailey. Everything happened for a reason and its either you hold on to it or let it go, " Noah says, "I'm leaving. I'll call Logan to stay here with you for the night. I'm going to check on Amelia, see you tomorrow."

Noah sounded cold. He's right and I can't believe that he's the only person who has a stable mind right now. I hate Noah for always being right. Whenever I did something I thought I was right, he's the first person to tell me and made it realize for me that everything I'm doing it for myself and not for the sake of others. I am the selfish person, in fact, I was too selfish.

***

I suddenly woke up at around 4 AM in the morning. I look around the room and saw Logan fast asleep on the couch. I decided to get out of bed. I help myself get up, slipping on some slippers and holding the dextrose on my hand. I twisted the doorknob and quietly opened the door.

I successfully left the room without waking Logan up. I started walking towards the elevator and waited for it to stop on my floor. Once the elevator doors opened, I entered and clicked the button on the highest floor.

I went up to the rooftop of the hospital. Knowing that it may be off limits but, I don't care anyway. I walked over the edge of the rooftop and watched the city lights below me. I sigh as I try letting the pain go, all at once and I just seem to let it go—let her go.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" I hear Logan's voice behind me. I turn around and pursed my lips. "Dude, It's like 4 in the morning."

"Why is it so hard to let go, someone, you love? Especially when you think that it's not yet over like you just get this feeling that it's not over."

Logan walked towards me and looked at the city, "I have a confession, " he says, "I liked Hailey and I could say that the way she looks at you hurts me." I look at Logan with a questioning look. I don't know if I should be mad about him or what.

"What does that even mean?" I asked, sounding a bit pissed.

"What it means is, when I told her I liked her... She never gave me that kind of look the way she looks at you, the look of finding yourself in someone's eyes that you are in love and I think that she sees herself with you and she's just being completely selfless for putting others' happiness first over hers."

"She lost me. She gave up on me, " I told him as I try swallowing the pain. She gave up on us.

"She did give up on you, so does that mean you're going to give up on her that easily?" Logan asks. "I've talked to your dad when you were sleeping a while ago and, I think you two need to talk, " He said.

"What can I possibly tell him? What do you want me to say to him? That it's alright for me to see him get married to a woman that whose daughter I love?"

"Tell him everything. Tell him what you feel—your feelings. Tell him the truth, that it is hurting you, so much, it makes you want to die, " Logan says as I let the tears escape my eyes.

I will never forget those last words my mom said to me before her life was taken away, she told me that 'you need to keep on fighting for the person you love, no matter how much it hurts because, at the end of the day, it'll all be worth it'

And I think, I'll be taking her advice this time. And this time, I will tell my dad the truth—my feelings for Hailey and I just want to keep on spending every second of every minute of every hour of every day with her.

No one else, but her.

***

I know, took me long enough to give you guys an update. Sorry, I've been busy. Like always.

Anyway, here's chapter 61. I hope you guys enjoy reading the update and stay tuned for the next update. Don't forget to leave a vote to comment your thoughts • share this story with your friends.

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author