Chapter XII

Cayden's here at my house. I'm shaking.

I'm not literally shaking but my mind is shaking because I am confused. I wasn't expecting him to visit me at my lovely house nor was I expecting him to know my address.

"This is for you."

And of course, he bought me some flowers. I grabbed it from his hand and thanked him as I smile, walking towards the entrance of the living room and stopping midway, "Come in and sit down," I said. Is it even okay to let him in and have him sit down? at my own couch? inside my living room?

"Cayden, what a surprise!" Amelia says as she walked towards me and started saying something to my ear, whispering, "How did he know your address? Did you give it to him?" Amelia looked at me, waiting for my response, instead I just shrugged and remained silent.

"So... what do you guys want to do?" I asked Cayden and Caleb as I gave each of them a questioning look. They all looked at me and then looked at each other, squinting their eyes at one another. "Hello?" I said.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?" Caleb asks as Cayden gives him a questioning look. Caleb starts pointing at him, tapping his index finger in the air as if he was trying to remember Cayden's face. "Ahh, yes! Anderson High's quarterback. Am I right?"

"I guess you are," Cayden said.

He's the quarterback of the football team? Wow, such an achievement. I haven't achieved anything in my life which makes me... trash. I coughed awkwardly, trying to get all of their attention at once, but no one seems to bother me nor the atmosphere that's getting thinner and thinner because of them. I took a deep sigh and look at Caleb and Cayden, again.

"Well, I better get going. I have some errands to run, I hope you get better," Cayden says as he stood up from the couch and gave me one last look before leaving my house.

"I better get going as well and Amelia, take care of your best friend," Caleb says as he stood up from the couch as he grabbed his keys on the coffee table and walked towards the front door, opening it.

"I am taking care of her!"

"Sure, you are," He sounded so sarcastic, "I'll see you at home! Dinner's at seven, don't be late. Mom hates people who are late," Caleb says as he left the house as he closes the front door.

I entered the living room and peeked at the blinds of the window and saw Cayden and Caleb talking, "What are you doing?" I hear Amelia's voice as I turned my head around.

"Nothing, I was just checking the plants outside. I thought I forgot to water them," I lied.

"You don't even have plants outside your house," Amelia says as I stare at her.

"Yeah, we do. You just don't notice them... Anyway, I'm just going to take a nap," I told Amelia as I walked up the stairs and went inside my bedroom.

Once I entered my room, I closed the door behind me. I walked towards my bed and let my body collapse and let the comforts of my bed welcome my presence. I turned my body around and stare at the ceiling, wonder what Cayden and Caleb are talking about.

Were they talking about me? Oh, come on. I'm not that special to be talked about.

I can slowly feel my eyes shutting and in an instant, the slumber has devoured me in a split second.

I woke up from the nap that turned into a 13-hour sleep yet I still feel sleepy. It's 6 in the morning and so I decided to take a shower and go to school. For the first time, I got so bored lying around my house. Mom wouldn't even allow me to go outside, somewhere she doesn't know where I am because of my condition right now, so might as well just go to school instead.