Chapter XLVI

I sat down crossed leg on the floor, waiting for Cayden to come out of his dad's office. I wouldn't mind missing classes if he's in a bad mood, I just want to be there for him and I want to understand him like he understands me.

I don't need us to constantly fight then make out just to make up for all the things we argued about. If I'm going to have a relationship, if I want this to last longer and be more open to him, then I'm going to enlighten Cayden by being there for him and saying all he needs and wants to know.

I am so tired of trying to mend myself, save myself from breaking. If he's the one who's going to break me, I have no more strength left to pick myself up and If I'm the one who's going to break his heart... I don't even know what I would do or what he would do.

I hear the door squeak, I look up and saw the door open. I stood up from the floor, dusting my pants off. Cayden steps out of his dad's office with an annoyed face, a face that looks like he doesn't want to talk about anything right now.

He notices my presence, gives me a glare and for a few seconds, he decides to leave me. I sigh and roll my eyes, "So, are you just gonna leave me here?" I said as I watch him walk towards the exit door. "Jesus," I whispered to myself.

"I already told you to leave me alone, didn't I?" He says, stopping at his footsteps. I look at him, he turns around and meets me in the eye. His eye screams horror but I'm not going to let that scare me away from trying to keep him calm.

"And does it look like I'll be taking your orders every now and then, just like that?" I question him, I start walking towards him as he stands still in his spot, "Cayden," My voice turns soft.

"I'm not going to pressure you nor push you to tell me what's going on. At least, appreciate the presence of others who want to be there and reach out to you," I said. He turns his back and starts walking again as I sigh in defeat inside my head.

Don't chase him. He probably needs some space, right now. Just give him what he needs then he'll give you what you want. Talking to myself is not really helping but I guess I could say that it does help right now, especially in situations like this.

"I'll just call you later," He says as I sigh in relief. Good job, Hailey. You did not talk too much, therefore, you'll get the information that you need, "If I feel like it," he added as he exits the doors. I rolled my eyes and sighed annoyingly, forget what I said.

As much as I want to go visit Cayden at his house, I don't even know where it is located. But I'm probably sure that's the last place he'll ever go. I've been calling his phone for 2 hours, leaving hundreds of messages, asking where he is and why he hasn't called me.

I'm not the type of girlfriend who wants to know every detail about his man, but in times like this, I need to actually know every detail. What is he doing? Who is he with? Where is he? Is he fucking some girl? Okay, too much.

I think about the possible places of where he should be at and I think about the places of where he took me, the places that made him feel safe and happy and sad at the same time. I grab my keys and rushed downstairs to go to the beach first.

"I'm going out," I shouted and my mom stops me, I stop in my tracks and look at her, "Didn't I told you that we're going out to dinner?" She says and I sigh, not knowing what to do and what to choose at this point.

"As much as I want to, like really want to, but someone needs me right now as much as I need them," I said as I open the door and left, I went inside my car, putting the car keys in the ignition and started driving.

It's already 4:50 PM in the afternoon and I have 1 hour to spare before I arrive at the beach. Even though I have slept a lot of times in his car while we are traveling. I decide to pull over to the side and search for all the beaches in this state.