Chapter XLVIII

{Listen to Jessie Ware - Say You Love Me}

Maybe this was all just a dream. Maybe any minute now, I'll be able to wake up from this horrible nightmare, that all of this is nothing. Maybe I'm just having a sleep paralysis or maybe, I just have to deal with it.

That all of this is nothing but a nightmare in a real world. That I am living, moving and experiencing what I am most afraid of. I did look back when I was running because I still had this lingering feeling that he would still chase me after all that has happened back there.

But, he didn't and I expected too much, and it broke me. Over and over again. It started raining again, the nostalgic feeling that I have been feeling was felt by the atmosphere. The feeling of me being broken is indescribable in this state.

I have been describing every feeling that I have felt for the past few days and months and even years, but I haven't been able to come this point that I can't even describe what I am feeling. Maybe it's because I am too heart-broken.

I rose up from my bed, went into the bathroom to do my daily routine. I still need to go to school after all that happened last night. I'm not going to let some conflict get in my way and ruin the rest of my life, after all, I have been through worse than this one.

Running away from the person who murdered my Grandmother and my dad, who is in fact, still chasing us to hunt us down and won't stop until he kills me and my mom. Yeah, worse than having a broken heart.

I went out of my bedroom, dressed for school. I wore a black hoodie, blue denim pants and a pair of Black and White Adidas Superstar. I sling my bag over my shoulder, walking down the stairs slowly.

I enter the kitchen and my mom stands up from the kitchen stool. "Hailey, you didn't eat last night," My mom says as I grab an apple and ready to leave the house, ignoring my mom. My mom grabs my arm, refrains me from leaving.

"Hailey, what did I do for you to ignore me?" She says as I look at her with an expressionless face. I wiggle my arm to let her hand go but she won't budge. "What the heck is wrong with you?" She says, her tone sounding mad and loud.

She lets go of my arm," What's wrong with me?" I question her as I try not to cry, "The fact that my boyfriend's dad is marrying my mother isn't a big deal for you, isn't it?" I said, sounding a bit bitter and broken.

"First off, I didn't know that Liam's son is your boyfrien—"

"You don't know because you are too busy to care on what's going on with my life," I shouted as I walk towards the door and left, shutting it loudly. I walked my way towards the bus station, crying my eyes out.

I still haven't got my car. I might just have to call the car towing service to pick it up. I stopped at the bus stop, drying my face first. I sat down on the bench, looking at the ground. Still unable to let everything progress in my mind.

I heard a halt from the road. It must be the bus, I look up and saw Cayden's car. The driver's door open and he escapes from the car, walking towards me. "What are you doing here?" I said, standing from the bench.

He stops in front of me with a hint of sadness in his eyes, "I'm sorry, can we just talk and let me explain?" He says as I roll my eyes, walking away from him. He follows me.

"There's nothing to be explained and to talk about. I don't even know who or what to believe anymore," I said as I think that I would rather just walk to school than to wait at the bus stop.

"I know you're mad at me for not telling you about their relationship. I was planning to tell you—"

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I said as I stop in my tracks, turned around to face him, "Why did you hide it from me?" I added, "Why?"