Chapter XLIX

"Mr. Anderson would like to speak to you in his office," Ms. Flora told me as I closed my locker, taking a deep breath. Ms. Flora starts walking and I followed her.

We arrived at the office. Ms. Flora sat down in her office table, writing something down on the paper as I look at her. She looks up at me and signals me to enter and I nodded my head without uttering a word.

I walked towards Liam's door, ready to knock. The door suddenly opens and I was face-to-face with Cayden, we looked each other in the eyes and I broke off the contact first. I excused myself and entered his dad's office.

I sat down on the chair as his dad gestured Cayden to leave us. Cayden closes the door, as I look back and taking a sigh, I look back at Liam, plastering a serious face.

"I know you're not that happy about the news of me, marrying your mom and which makes you and Cayden step-siblings," He says as I continue listening without saying anything, "And I'm sorry."

"I love your mother so much," My expression gets soft, he stands up from his chair. He walked over and sat down on the chair beside me, "And I know you love my son."

"I don't," I said, trying to hold back the tears. I've been crying for almost a week now and I'm trying my best to ignore Cayden for the past week, but sometimes, we just keep on meeting each other or cross paths. "Not anymore," I whisper to myself.

It's all over school the next day when Cayden and I broke up. Most girls are in a relief state which earns them an eye roll from me because of how delusional they are.

Liam nods his head quietly and looks at me, "Then, I think you should still know that I need your approval about marrying your mother," He said. I looked at him, wanting to say no.

"My mom loves you. So much that she's willing to give up everything and you love my Mom. My mom and I don't quite get along sometimes but I want to see her happy, even though that means letting someone miserable go from my life," I said and Liam's expression saddens.

"I'm so sorry," He said and I shake my head, plastering a sad smile on my face. Rather, plastering a fake smile to prove him that I'm strong.

"Don't be. As long as you guys will be happy, then I'm happy. I just want my mom to be happy, once again," I said and he smiles at me, he grabs my hand, "Thank you," he says and I smile, fakely.

I stood up, walking towards the door. I twist the doorknob, opening the door to exit, I look back at Liam and smiled, "I hope your son will learn what love means from you," I said as I left, trying to gather all of the courage that I have once pushed away from me.

I enter History class. Seeing students talking, as usual. But, today is different. I see something different. From the corner of my eye, I saw Katie sitting on Cayden's lap as she keeps on flirting with him and laughing.

I looked at them, Cayden looks at me, there's something in his eyes that I can't explain. Katie looks at me with a triumphant look on her face, quirking her eyebrows at me and smiling evilly as I roll my eyes at her.

"What's up?" Logan says, sliding next to me as he flashes me a smile. I look at him and looked up, then I looked back at him.

"The ceiling," I said as I placed my bag down, bringing out my notebook in History. I started flipping through some pages then Logan decides to snatch it away.

"You know. I never thought you'd be the type of person who's going to have a very sensible humor," He says.

He stands up and so did I. Trying my best to grab my notebook from him but he keeps on raising it higher, out of my own reach.