18

Guy | Girl

"Why are you eating that garbage?"  She gestured towards the Mr. Noodles packet on his desk. "There are so many better tasting instant ramens."

"I'm dirt broke and I have soccer practice after this. This was the cheapest thing I could get. Who knew Kraft dinner was so expensive these days?"

"Ah," She smiled. "The woes of an upper middle class suburban high school student. Now tell me, what did you spend your money on? New sneakers?"

"Dating." He grumbled. "It's so expensive to go on a date. And of course, I have to pay."

"You could just stay single and miserable like me."

"You're all talk of equality. Then why not equality when it comes to the first date?" He raised his eyebrow, "Why do guys still have to pay?"

She shrugged. "Some guys are plenty willing to pay for a date with a beautiful girl. But if it were me, I'd probably split the bill if it were me."

He grinned seductively. "Maybe I'm taking out the wrong girls then."

"I can assure you that you're not." She snorted."Does that smile actually work on girls?"

"I mean I get game don't I?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Even if you decide to split the bill," He started, bringing the conversation back, "Most girls would still expect the guy to pay for them."

She tapped her finger on her chin."I guess we could chalk that up to the wage gap. Most women make less than men. For every dollar a man makes, a woman only makes 78 cents."

"Not all jobs are like that, however." He said. "There are jobs where women are paid more."

"I know. I'm not saying that's okay either. But you're right. Maybe we should be moving towards a more progressive society where women can afford to pay for their own things."