chapter VIII

this will be changing point of views often so it will be easy to get confuzzled. and i love how in the first two chapters they have 30ish reads then all the chapters gradually get less views. like the one i published two days ago has like 7 reads.
———
6/21/18  1:44
nico pov
the first thing i remember when i regained consciousness, was waking up in percy's arms.

"don't worry, nico. help will be here soon," i remembered him saying.

i didn't make any sign that i was aware of what was happening, because i was still too weak to stand.

i slightly opened my eyes as we stepped into the infirmary.

i saw a camper making out with a blonde. ew. get a room you guys.

i studied the person who was pinning another boy against the wall.

he had blonde hair, freckles, an athletic build, - wait. is that will? no. it can't be. he wouldn't do that.

my theory was correct when percy yelled.

"will! nico's-"

will pulled away from the camper and i saw his face.

it was will. i can't believe he would cheat on me. he didn't seem like the type to do that.

it felt as if jason or bianca had died again. that whole wave of feelings came again, sadness— wait, no anger. no. what i felt was betrayal. he betrayed me.

percy placed me on the bed and started to yell at will. i opened my eyes once in a while to see what was happening. 

i tried so hard not to cry, but a tear rolled down.

i would have never thought percy would stand up for me like that. the last thing i heard was someone stomping out the door and the door slamming.

i opened my eyes again to see will crying, his face against the wall.

i quickly wiped my eyes, and pretended to just gain consciousness.

i sat up, "huh? what happened?" i asked, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

will turned to me, and he quickly wiped his tears away from his face.

will just started at me for a while then finally broke into sobs, clinging onto me.

"i'm so.. sorry," will said through sobs.

i hesitantly hugged him back and nodded.

all of these feelings bottled up inside me. i couldn't show that i cared. i just needed to play it off. i can let it all go in my cabin.

"you- you don't even know what i'm sorry for."

i decided to drop the act of not knowing and just let him know that i know.

"the argument we had," i said, a tear escaping my eye. "not talking to me, and now. this."

will pov
"and now. this."

he saw what happened. but wasn't he unconscious?

"what do you mean?"

"when percy came in with me in his arms, i just regained consciousness. i saw you and that guy, i heard everything percy said," he said. he showed no emotion besides that one tear on his face. it was scary.

my lower lip trembled, and i wiped my wet eyes.

"i-i don't know why i did that."

nico nodded. "yes, you do know. i think i do too."

he walked out of the infirmary without a word.

"at least let me check your health!" i called out

nico turned around at that and scowled at me. he raised his middle finger, finally showing emotion. not the emotion i wanted to see, but it was still emotion.

i screwed up.

i screwed up so bad.

i loved nico.

i loved his hair, his smile, his eyes, his laugh, his personality, i loved everything about him. i loved our relationship.

but daniel... he had a great personality, not to mention a great body.

ugh.

i need to stop thinking about daniel. sure he's cool and all that, but i have a boyfriend. i need to stop seeing him.

double ugh.

why didn't i think this when i kissed daniel? why didn't i think of all the consequences that i would face?

why didn't i think of all the consequences nico would face?

i had a feeling that our relationship was going to end soon.

nico pov
he cheated on me.

will solace, my boyfriend, my sunshine, cheated on me.

i don't think i can forgive him for that.

i walked away from the infirmary and heard muffled sobs from behind me.

my body shook with sobs and i started to run to my cabin. i locked myself in and let it all out.

i cried, and cried, and cried. i cried until i couldn't anymore. i trusted will. i didn't think i could ever trust him again.

after an hour, all the emotions left me. it hurt so much, it didn't hurt at all anymore.

my stomach growled, probably because i hardly ate at all the past week. that's probably why i fainted.

i laid down on my bed and started at my wall filled with photos. there were several small photos that were mainly will and i. in the middle were three big photos. one was of hazel, the other of bianca that rachel painted for me with incredible detail, and the one in the middle was will.

he was the light of my life, the only reason i stayed at camp. now after what he did to me, i don't know if i'll stay here any longer.

i decided to get up and get a closer look of them.

i smiled at my favorite picture that percy secretly took of me and will. we were in sitting at the lake, me and will's faces outspread in a huge smile.

that was eight months ago, when we had just started dating. when percy and jason were obsessed with getting pictures of us together.

for bianca's death anniversary, percy and jason gave me most of the pictures of will and i that i have on my wall to cheer me up. it worked.

after a while, i fell asleep to the wonderful thoughts of what will and i would be like if- no, when we broke up.