chapter IV

bet you didn't expect this pov. haha. oh btw band auditions were today and i literally forgot how to play 6 notes out of nervousness. and i messed up on the sight-reading. ha i'm a failure. oh yeah and by the way, i has to write this twice, because wattpad deleted the original.
———-
6/18/18 7:14pm
percy pov
i sighed and plopped down on my bed.

it's been four days since jason's death. that was four days without my bro. jason was one of my best friends, i couldn't afford to lose him, yet i did.

i knew piper wasn't taking it well. apparently in the burning maze, she was all fine. but when she got to camp, she completely broke down.

annabeth has been consoling piper for quite a while, so i figured she would be gone another hour or so. in that time, i decided i would go see nico.

jason was one of nico's closest friends as well, so i wanted to see him. plus, i heard yelling in the hades cabin yesterday. by the muffled voices, i assumed it was will arguing with nico. the last thing i heard was the door being slammed then heavy footsteps.

i put on a shirt then pulled over my AHS Swim hoodie. i walked out the door, not even bothering to fix my hair which was a mess.

i knocked on the nicos door. no response. i knocked again. nothing.

"hey nico, it's percy. i just want to check up on you after what happened."

i didn't even know if he was there or not, but hopefully he was, or i would just sound like a crazy person talking to a door.

i heard footsteps then the door opened.

nico had dark bags under his eyes, and his skin was a bit lighter, but other than that, he seemed fine.

"so are you going to come in, or are you just going to stand there until night falls and the harpies come and get you?" nico asked. ah, glad to know nico is still the sarcastic little shit that he is.

i walked inside and took a look at my surroundings. wow. nico was right. he really did need to remodel this place. did they really think children of hades were vampires or something?

i sat on a chair and turned to nico.

"look, i'm not sure how you're taking the news, but i just want you to know that whenever you need someone, i'm here," i said as i spread my arms and spun around in the chair.

nico nodded and grinned, something he didn't do often. "yeah, okay."

i stopped spinning, and turned to face him. i got serious and he seemed to get the message.

"when i was walking to my cabin from the lake i heard something coming from here," i said. "i stopped for a bit, and decided to see what was going on. i heard some yelling, and from what i assume, it was you and will arguing. was i right?"

nico looked down, and suddenly he looked older. "yeah, you were right. it was just an argument, every couple has one. it's no big deal."

nico shrugged, and by the expression on his face, it wasn't a big deal. i knew that nico didn't like to be pushed, so i just let it go.

"okay, but i'm here if you need me. remember that," i took a deep breath and started again, "i know just about four months ago when you said you had a- you know- crush on me, it was awkward for a while." i paused for bit, mentally slapping myself for bringing that up.

"anyways, just letting you know, it's not like that anymore. the past is the past and i hope we can stay friends for a long time. alright?"

nico nodded in response. wow, that whole talk for not even a word out of him. i started to get up to walk out of the door when i felt a hand grip my arm.

nico turned me around and hugged me, which took me be surprise because that was something he never did. "thank you," he said to me.

i hugged him back. "no problem, neeks." i backed away and ruffled his hair.

i stepped out of the cabin with a smile, knowing that i did something right.