Moving Out

CHAPTER 6

MOVING OUT

Lucas and I left the clinic and started walking back to his house to go pick up his car. I guess both Lucas and Dr.Targett thought I would need the car since I'm grabbing everything I need to live for a while. I didn't want to tell them all I had was a couple of shirts, a jacket, a couple of pairs of pants, some underwear, and a few necessary toiletries. And I have figured out how to fit it all in one backpack.

"You don't have to come with me, especially drive me to my house," I said kind of hoping he would say okay and I can return to my alone state.

"I want to come and plus its doctor's orders," Lucas responded cheerfully. I silently sighed feeling a little defeated from the day. I know I should be ecstatic about Dr. Targett taking me in while I heal, but my excitement soon faded when I realized I had to go risk running into Lina.

After being gone for almost three days she will not be happy to see me. I know you might be thinking because she was worried that her granddaughter had gone missing and hadn't checked in. But you would be wrong, you won't be seeing any missing person reports coming from her. She will be pissed because the house hasn't been cleaned to perfection, at least as perfect as a house can get when it's about to be condemned. Also, I forgot it was the 22nd meaning the utility bills were due yesterday meaning it will be my fault if the lights and water get shut off. This all meaning I'm going to have a huge problem trying to enter and leave this house to get my stuff and move. And honestly, I just didn't want Lucas to have to see it.

But as we continued walking, I started to think more about how my encounter with Lina might go. I mean I do have questions. Like why didn't she tell me about my Father? I'm surprised she didn't use it against me all these years. Maybe she never knew. Of course, she knew maybe that's why she does hate me.

And now I'm questioning everything about my Mother. Did my Mom know who my father really was? All I knew was that she died during childbirth. No one has mentioned her since this whole mess started. Did she know what my Father was? No, I don't want to imagine that. I will not imagine that. I don't want to think that my Mother was as evil as him.

While I was zoned out talking silently to myself, I hadn't realized we had made it to Lucas's house. "Hey anyone home?" Lucas said as he waved his hand in front of my face breaking up the conversation I was having in my head.

"Yeah, sorry zoned out for a little bit. Life has been kind of hectic lately." I responded while kicking at a pebble on the driveway.

"Hey, well my Dad's car is here so I can finally go ask him about you." He said with a slight smile. He probably thought I was just a troublemaker that had a revolving door in the police station. But sadly, it was much worse, and I am dreading the day he finds out.

"Maybe you can ask him about me after we go get my stuff, I'm not feeling too good." I lied trying to get him to maybe rush this, so I can get to my new place of residence to rest.

"Do you feel lightheaded or anything, do you need water?" Lucas said a little frantic.

"No, no I'm just tired and want to rest as soon as possible," I said trying to calm him down. An also not wanting to be in front of his home any longer for fear that his Dad would come strolling out any minute. I didn't need to see the look on his face if that happened.

"Ok, I guess I'll talk to my Dad later then," Lucas said walking me to the passenger side of the truck. I sat in the heat while Lucas closed my door and walked to the driver's side. You could tell he was uncomfortable when he sat down in his seat. He turned the key in the ignition and rushed to turn the dial turning the A/C to high.