27 -- Post Credits Scenes

The credits had started playing to the song "Trust in Me," but after the chorus, it transitions into an upbeat tune.

(Cue "Newbob" by Caravan Palace at 1:44.)

The black screen cuts to an infinite white room with all the characters in rows.

Dancing.

Dancing a Bollywood-style dance number. Everyone smiling and cheery in that creepy Bollywood way, like it was all just a TV show.

Rick breaks into his own dance and does a little jig with Morty, then Rayna, then his father. Beth and Jerry dance together while Summer dances with a girl Morty like they were both happy to have a sister. After a moment, Morty breaks into his own dance moves, to which he and Rick take turns copying each other. Rayna goes off to dance dirty with 1-03.

When the lyrics say 'Think of the hurt as we're going through,' Rick cheers to Morty, "He said think of the hurt, Morty. Yeah!" and picks up Morty's hands to wave them in the air. After the lyrics 'Crazy, that's what I'm without you,' Rick shouts, "Yeah! I'm crazy without you!"

Then Morty shuffles to partner with Summer and Rick shuffles to President Morty. President Morty shows a snag in Bollywood enthusiasm when he sees Rick, but Rick only gets more excited. He grabs President Morty's hands and tries to partner-dance, to which President Morty has to force his smile.

Partying with his first Morty so close, Rick gets more and more emotional until he cracks—He scoops up President Morty in his arms and starts squeezing squeezing squeezing him—

"I never got to say goodbye Morty!—"

"Rick!"

"—I love you so much, I—"

"Rick you're squeezing too hard."

"—I'm so sorry I was mean—"

"You're loving me wrong Rick, you're loving me wrong."

"—I love you so much!" starting to tear up.

Still squeezing President Morty, Rick wasn't hearing any of his pleas. And Rick's words were cracking President Morty's shell until he finds himself hugging Rick back, willingly. When Rick starts full-on crying, President Morty couldn't help but to start cry-laughing too, trying to hold it in.

Everyone had turned their head to watch this scene, and their dancing had begun to slow, until no one resembled a dance scene. "You're killing the mood here, jackass," 1-03 tells Rick as he groves by.

And the music suddenly shuts off—

—1-03 and Rick's father fall dead, along with President Morty in Rick's arms.

"Noo!" Rick roars. "You sons of bitches!" trying to pick President Morty's head up again, "Bring him back you assholes!" now picking his body up by the arms to make it dance, "Look see, bring him back! We're dancing, ~UURP~ we're dancing!"—

—and the music turns back on.

President Morty begins dancing again, so he and Rick just look at each other and try to keep from touching, with President Morty's eyes saying to Rick 'Look what you went and did, you lovable mess.'

The music continues and everyone continues dancing, until the music fades with the screen going to black.

* * *

The black screen fades away to reveal a pink sky, and nothing but. High in the sky.

A green portal opens in mid-air, then a red one next to it, to which Morty falls out of the green and Rick the red. As quick as they can, they open another portal below them, fall into it, and fall from another set of portals fifty yards away. They repeat this, smiling and laughing, playing a game.

As Morty makes his portals quicker, he waits longer until Rick portals in, before he makes his next, so they can both stay together.

"That's fifty one yards, not fifty you cheater!" Morty teases playfully, looking a few years older.

"It's called incentive!" Rick teases back laughing, looking a few years younger. "I'm catching up!"

"Think so?" Then Morty's next few portals happen so quick, it leaves Rick in the dust-like clouds.

Morty portals by trees and a forest clearing. He sees movement so he portals down to fulfill his curiosity.

He finds dribbles. A family of wild dribbles, scurrying around peacefully, parents and children playing with each other.

Standing in awe, Morty smiles, deciding there was something important he had to do. He opens a portal over him and fuzzy Pearl plops into his arms.

Petting her, and squeezing tight, he says, "I'm sorry Pearl. I ignore you too much, I'm not good at being a parent. Not yet." And he lets go of her.

She seems to look around, then bounces towards the wild dribbles, seeming happier than she's ever been.

The dribbles stop, inch closer, jump on her—but she screams like in pain and they rip her apart, eating her.

Morty stands horrified. For a moment. Then he reluctantly chuckles at himself, seeing the humor in it. "What do I know. What do I know..." and watches a baby dribble pop out of the large ones, created by the meal.

Rick calls from far away, excited, "Morty! Jess broke her lightsaber, so Rayna gave her hers and is fighting a Bloppity Butt! Melee! You're missing out!"

Everything in front of Morty disappears from his mind as he smiles.

He whips out his portal gun, tossing it in the air to twirl it as he makes a portal below his feet, with such skill as if he were born with it, "Save some for me, old m—"

------

Next : Promo Art - Rick & Morty x Legion

------

Vote/Like?

Comment?

Follow?

Share?