Chapter 40| Godric Really Should Be Given An Award

To all my readers out there, who are patiently waiting for my updates, I seriously appreciate you all. Without you, I probably wouldn't have gotten this far. So thank you, all of you.
-—————-

"North ?" My eyes did a double take, surprised that North was here. I was also wondering why people like to barge in my room today but of course, no one answered my question.

"Mistress, glad to see your already unpacked and well-rest" he first said, his eyes roaming around my already furnished room.

"Your mother sent me here, she wanted to see how you were doing" he explained, "but it seemed you've already made yourself at home" his eyes shuffled between me and Godric and the look of hurt passed over him.

I scrunched my eyebrows, worried. Did he not approve of Godric ? He did look like he was ready to murder Godric in several occasions but like they always say, the past is in the past.

Right ? I wasn't so sure myself.

"So, um, I better go before your mother worries and tries to break in the school, I was only able to enter because of your mother's connections so-" he stuttered, nervously scratching his nape before quickly walking out of my dorm.

"North ? Wait !" I tried to stop him but he was already out of the dormitories when I reached the closest window. Godric strode towards my side, his face neutral.

"You really have to stop doing that, Rein" he said casually and I looked at him in confusion.

Stop doing what ?

He widened his eyes when he realized I didn't know what he was talking about before sitting down on the floor and covering his face with one of his hands. He then started chuckling.

"So you don't know, huh ? And I presume you don't know about the others ?" He asked behind his hand, moving his hand to only show his golden eyes. I only looked at him, more confused than ever.

After a few moments of me standing there while watching the quiet boy think, he sighed deeply.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" he said before quickly standing up. He looked at me dead in the eye, determination present in his features.

"North has feelings for you" he said with a straight face that I almost didn't understand what he just said. I blinked twice before I widened my eyes in just pure disbelief.

"What ?" I muttered under my breath and Godric sighed again.

"The blond has a thing for you, Rein" he said, letting go of his large vocabulary just this once.

"In fact, we all do" he started explaining, "North, Lucas, Simon..." he counted with his fingers before looking at me once more.

"Me" he said, the word rolling off his mouth so smoothly that I thought it was actually glass for a moment.

"But.." I squirmed at the new information that was just shoved onto me, "why tell me now ?" I asked him. His eyes softened a bit and gave me a warm smile.

"Because.." he looked at me with gleaming eyes before kissing one of my locks, "I probably won't have the courage to the longer I wait" I looked at him, my light fuzzy feeling entering my chest. He then suddenly let go of my hair and started waving his hand dismissively.

"Plus, I felt pity for the poor boy so I helped him a bit" he gave me one last smile before turning away, "I'll-I'll see you later, Rein"

He left, leaving me very confused. And it took me several minutes to finally understand that he was the first person to have confessed to me.

——————
Short but sweet, isn't it ?

In another note, I want to ask you a very important question. What should I do for this book's first year anniversary this coming Saturday ? Yes folks, it's been a year since this book was published and I am so hyped that this book have reached 161K+ ever since! I'll be patiently waiting for your suggestions !