Chapter 39| Settling In

Two days passed by and it was already the start of the school year. Within the past two days, all the students were expected to have settled their things in their dorms and are prepared for school. It's probably a shock to hear that I got the smallest room in the entire Blue Dormitory, considering my family name but I'll explain.

I wanted to have the smallest dorm room.

Since the start of my reincarnated life, I have been showered with gifts all over. Sure, I didn't get much love from both my parents to begin with but everyone with high status and a greedy eye wanted to gain my favor in hopes of a future alliance.

Plus the fact that everyone keeps on announcing my achievements as if it was theirs, I worry that I might become arrogant. Sure, confidence is needed to survive in the world of the rich and powerful but you should also stay humble if you want to stay true to yourself. We all know how overconfidence can lead to all sorts of trouble.

I sighed in content, staring at the already furnished room. It was a simple room, with a bed big enough to fit two people at the center. At a side were two open doors, one leading to a gorgeous bathroom and another leading to my closet rooms. At the other side was a space for the desk and shelves.

As expected of mother, no matter how strange my request was, she still found a way to make it grandiose

As expected of mother, no matter how strange my request was, she still found a way to make it grandiose. I sat on my bed, feeling immediately comfortable. This was nice, I thought. And yet, I felt restless.

My mind wandered to the Saalford Siblings. They seemed nice enough people, both from a great family. What really left me an impression was their reaction to what Ma'am Kaitlin said. They were so shaken, their manas strongly reacting to their emotions.

I shook my head, my mind going to Lucas. I am very disappointed to say that I have not met him once in the past few days. It was sad really, since I was at least expecting the student council president to say hello.

It was then a knock came. Staring at the door for a moment, I told the person from the other side to enter. The door opened to reveal a smiling Godric, wearing his badge to signify that his in the Red Dormitory.

I stared at him, confused.

"Why are you wearing a uniform ?" I asked him. He laughed, causing me to become more confused.

"Didn't you know ? I enrolled at the same time as Lucas" he explained, still half-laughing at my expression.

"But aren't you at the same age as I ?" I shot another question. He nodded.

"I may have skipped a year" he fumbled with his words. For some reason, I became annoyed at his easygoing tone.

"You never seize to amaze, Godric" I told him in a flat tone and he started to chuckle at me.

"Oh don't worry, I took the Exams, I'm not that silver-spooned, I just got second because of Lucas" he waved it off. Even though I was still annoyed at him, I should have gotten used to how confident he was. Maybe it's just me but he seems to smile a lot more and considering how estranged he and his father is, his smile's good enough for me.

"Your ego enlarged, it seems" I commented, "maybe I should have stayed, at least that way I'd be there to keep you and your overconfidence at check" he cheekily grinned at my comments before replying.

"I wouldn't mind that, even if you strike a beating or so to my ego, I'd gladly take a present Rein rather than less friends to talk to" he said sadly and I felt guilty. By leaving, I wasn't able to talk to Godric at all. But I had to remind myself that it was for his own safety. I didn't want him to be in danger because of me.

But that didn't make me feel any better. I stood up from my bed and walked to where he was standing and hugged him, much to his surprise.

"What are you doing ?" He asked in a stiff tone. I hugged him tighter.

"Saying sorry" I muttered. He relaxed and after a while, he responded by hugging me too.

"You know, I missed you too" I said while we were still hugging. We continued to hug until a familiar voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Get some space, you two" North's voice said.