Chapter 35| Orientation Day

My preparation time ended quickly as it first started. I stood in front of the school gates, just like when I took the entrance exams, but this time, I was wearing the school uniform.

Red was the dominant color, the top being a blazer over a black button-up shirt and the bottom being a checkered skirt that reaches up to my knees. Along with it were a pair of black shoes and knee high socks. Your typical footwear for school.

The only thing that seemed to be different from all the rest was the badge that I was wearing. Before I left, mother gave me this badge stating that including her, our ancestors wore it in their entire duration of school activities. The reasons ? Long forgotten.

I gulped before entering the school. I was immediately greeted by the school guide. She started talking, introducing me the school rules when her eyes landed on the badge I was wearing. She stopped talking, replacing her cheerful face into a gaping one.

Feeling awkward, I silently left her on the pavement, following the map she gave me as I did so. It was then I bumped onto a person.

"Sorry !" I apologized before raising up my head. Standing in front of me while tending his bump was none other Lucas himself. He was about to shrug what happened as an accident when he saw my face. His expression lit up before smiling.

"My Lady !" he exclaimed.

My Lady ? We're in the nickname base now ? I laughed, looking at Lucas' embarrassed face as if what he just said right now was not meant for my ears. And by the way he was acting, it surely was.

"I-I mean-" he stammered, his face turning redder and redder as time goes by. I stopped him from continuing and smiled back.

"It's alright, I pay no mind" I assured him, "in fact, I find it quite cute"

"So your not mad ?" He asked. I shook my head, to which he replied by sighing in relief. He recomposed himself and looked at me once again.

"Then you won't mind a walk with me to the gymnasium for your orientation day, will you ?" He asked quite boldly, much more relaxed that his first blundering moment. I laughed before agreeing.

"So, My Lady ?" I teased him. He didn't reacted as much as I hoped for but he still had the visible hue of red plastered on his cheeks.

"A suited name for a person such as yourself, don't you think ?" He answered smoothly. We continued talking until we reached the front of the gymnasium. You could hardly call it a gym, it was a literal ballroom !

With glossy floorings and a chandelier hanging above, it was Cinderella's ball all over again, except without the dancing. And the Prince Charming. But you get my point. I entered the room, the magicked air-conditioner's coldness hitting me quick.

"Now this is where I leave, My Lady" he said in a posh manner. I joined his little game and gave my best posh voice.

"A pleasure, dear Knight"

And off he went to do his work. I walked towards my seat, which resembles one of those comfy chairs you find in a movie theater. I sat on the chair, comfortably relaxing as I wait for Mister August to arrive. And he did, along with Godric and Aunt Samantha.

I looked at them, already used to their unexpected visits. Aunt Samantha caught me staring and she waved happily towards me. Smiling, I waved back albeit not as energetically as she did.

I turned my attention away from them when I felt a finger tapping on my shoulder, I turned to find a girl, about my age, smiling brightly.

"Hello !" She greeted, "my name is Helen Cullen ! You must be that prodigy girl everyone's talking about ! Lady Rein, right ?"

I stared at her, contemplating if I should answer her or not before deciding that it was best to interact instead of gaining an icy reputation.

"Yes, that's me" I replied. Cullen ? Intriguing. I heard they were the last descendants of Amir, a famed scholar who established a secret art only to be passed in their family. Because of this, they gained wealth and power through the years.

"So, is it true ?" She asked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"What is ?" I countered, wondering what she meant.

"That you defeated a high-ranking official at your Mana and IQ Ceremony at age seven, journeyed through the continent with the famous Queen Dowager who is also your master and gained the top spot in this year's Entrance Exams ?" She ranted non-stop.

I blushed at she spoke highly of my achievements. To answer her question, I nodded to which she yelped in happiness.

"I'm a huge fan, Lady Rein !" She exclaimed, "can you sign my notebook ?" She asked.

With a shy nod, I signed her glittery notebook.

"I'm truly honored, Lady Helen" I said as she stared at my signature in pure bliss, "really ! But you don't have call me Lady Rein, Rein is just fine" I assured her.

"No, I can't ! That is too impolite" she denied. Before I could protest, Mister August started his speech.

"Welcome, new and old students ! To those who don't know me, I am Headmaster August" he introduced himself, "to the new students, congratulations ! You are now a member of this student body"

He spoke about our classes, the clubs and the election of representatives and their deputies this year. I found out from my mother that along with the Entrance Exams I took, there are more locations for other students so they may also have the chance to enter this school too. Overall, this year's new students are barely reaching the number two-hundred.

"As you know, the administrators are the ones who choose the representatives for each year" Mister August informed us, "based on stats, good reputation and talent shown in the exams, we have personally picked the best of the best"

"For the fourth year, the final year level, the representative is Mister Daniel Alberta and his deputy Miss Hazel Fedore" the last years stood up and went on stage, probably used to be called out often.

"Third year Lady Valentina Igor and her deputy Sir William Alberta and second year Vernon Adams and deputy Mason Madison, please come forward" both representatives and deputies stood and left their seats to go onstage.

"And for our first years, Lady Rein Aurelia will be their representative" why do I feel the sudden feeling of foreboding ?

"And her deputy will be-" he looked at his paper again. Don't tell me it's-

"Sir Simon Kiefer"