Chapter 11| Aunty Samantha

Did I hear him wrong ? Did he just say-

I wasn't able to finish that sentence that day, because the moment he announced that absurd news, he took Brother Lithe and me by hand and literally dragged the both of us into a carriage.

"Goodbye~" he said cheekily before nodding to one of the instructors. I looked at Godric in disbelief. If I have known better, I could consider this kidnapping. Sadly, I couldn't because if I did, I might just be executed for false accusations. As Godric swing his legs on the carriage seat, I could notice Brother Lithe looking quite ashamed and annoyed. He countlessly apologized to me for letting Godric do such but I brushed it off as a slight....

Slight...

Who am I kidding ? Of course I consider this as a kidnapping. I'm not some cheap main character who is as void of emotion as a robot not to worry about some kid kidnapping me at the middle of an important event. Believe me, I did NOT remember this happening in the original plot line. Nor did I hear about a young noble, possibly has a standing of a duke and related to the Royal Family, coming. This really can't be happening.

As I panic in my mentality, Godric noticed me deep in thought and snapped his fingers in front of my face. I slightly jumped on my seat from the sudden intrusion and resulted a glare towards the other noble present in the carriage. He smirked. That's some ego he has. Brother Lithe noticed the tension building up and to try to ease it by talking about something common between me and Godric.

"Haha...Um..Did you know Lady Rein and Godric are both prodigies ? Yes, yes, both of you must be really smart to have reached such level of intelligence, no ?"

I was quite surprised. Him ? A prodigy ? I couldn't see it even if I could read his mind. He must have thought the same thing since both of us snorted at the same time. Snorted. At the same time ! How is that even possible ? Shocked by the double snort, I giggled involuntarily. Covering my mouth the moment my giggle went out, Godric looked at me with a face of amusement.

"Was that...a giggle ?" He rose a sharp eyebrow. I shook my head, trying to hide the smile plastered on my mouth. He raised both of his hands, wiggling his fingers to show that he was going to tickle me. And so he did. As he tickled my sides mercilessly, my eyes welled up when suddenly, the carriage swung open, revealing a quite displeased woman.

"Godric !" She said with an authoritative voice, "what is the meaning of this ?!" She slammed a piece of paper onto Godric's face, to which he replied by sticking his tongue out.

"Is that anyway of treating the mother who gave birth to you that way ?" She said with an offended voice. Godric rolled his eyes and took his hands off my sides. Composing myself, I tidied my hair despite its seemingly endless effort of being otherwise.

"Let me guess" Godric's mother suddenly spoke with a sure tone, "did Godric just met you and seeing that you were on a pinch, used that opportunity to lose some things in his to-do-list ?"

What an incredible mother, that was the case all right. She guessed correctly. I nodded, not bothering to hide any emotions. She laughed.

"Ah..my son is impossible, though he's a living legend for being a prodigy and topped his advanced classes with ease, he is still quite a troublemaker"  She sighed and looked at me apologetically.

"I'm so sorry, I haven't even introduced myself properly" she apologized, "my name is Samantha Glenda Holowbergh, duchess of the Holowbergh family, and you are ?"

"My name is Rein Aurelia, first daughter of the Aurelian Family"

Madam Samantha blinked once. Then twice. Then thrice, before groping both of my arms together with a serious expression plastered on her face.

"Do you, by any chance know a woman named Elizabeth Corin-"

"Sam-man-tha !! Where is my daughter I've heard your son kidnapped ?!" My mother kicked the door open like a karate master. I was about to cover Samantha when she jollily laughed like a child who just got her Christmas early.

"Eli !"